Is My Sewing Showing?
It's so funny to me what kids pick up. You can usually tell what their parents are "in to" by the things they know and do. For instance, we have some friends that are into sports and their little boy is the first one to tell you which team is the best. I also have some friends that are really into movies and their kids know all the theme songs, and sound tracks. My kids are no different. I am really into sewing and it definitely shows. I hear them say things like, "My mom could make that", or "why doesn't your mom just sew you one?". I also know they are versed in sewing terms fabric is fabric, not cloth or material. They know the name of mommy's sewing machine, and they NEVER use my fabric scissors for art projects... that would be death! So this little exchange between their Granny and C was no surprise:
C: Granny there are two velcro's in that field over there.
Granny: Velcro's in the field?
C: Yes, Granny 2 velcro's don't you see them?
Granny: (looking in the field) C, do you mean Scarecrows?
C: Yes, Granny, that's what I said velcro's.
I definitely think my sewing was showing.
Comments
Thought I'd check it out. And didn't realize that you were Mormon also... So am I! Just wondering how you know Micah... We grew up in the same ward, and were practically neighbors.
Sounds like you have some cute funny kids!! I've got a blog set up especially for those funny things, and then I have two others... my main family blog, and then one that is more focused on the "ME" things, my feelings, thoughts, frustrations, excitements and so forth... I'll be a following yours now. Because you sound quite interesting.
So glad you are following me, I'll check out your stuff too. I love blog lurking! As for interesting... it's ALWAYS interesting around here!