Syndy's Southern Observations
Being in the south the last week has been an interesting thing for us. One of my favorite movies is Sweet Home Alabama, and Reese Witherspoon was right when she said, "You need a passport to come down here". When we moved from California to Illinois it was a culture shock, but going there was even more. Here are some of my observations:
*People are generally more friendly down "South" "How, Ya'll doin'?" is something EVERYONE asks you.
*I know why the LDS church is not as popular down south... Modesty would go out the window during the summer. My modesty almost did, one more day in that heat and you would have seen me in Daisy Duke cut-offs and a tube top, then you all would have gone blind.
*I actually heard the term "Dad-Gummit" used in a sentence.
*There's nothing cuter than a 4 year old with a southern accent.
*If you are my friend on Facebook you know that their food ROCKS! Tennessee BBQ has got to take the cake at this point.
*Nascar and Monster trucks are even more popular there than here in the Midwest, I didn't think that was possible.
*The southern accent can be picked up quite quickly, Chris and K will have to shed theirs soon!
*There are bugs everywhere, we went through a whole can of Off.
*Gold Bond and Secret make a mint in the south.
*The Atlantic Ocean does not have a cool breeze.
Those are a few of my observations. I loved our vacation we had a great time. I will post about the last few days in a bit. Right now I'm soaking up the air in my nice comfy bed!
Comments