We loved Chattanooga
I think by far the best time we had was in Chattanooga Tennessee. The landscape was gorgeous and the attractions were great.




We had planned on going to Ruby Falls while we were there and it was spectacular. If you've never heard of it, it's a natural waterfall inside a cave, inside Look Out Mountain. We went deep into the mountain, about as deep as the Empire State Building is tall, and walked the 1/2 mile to the waterfall. I had been really excited about this for months, but as soon as the guide told me how far we were in the mountain I almost threw up. All I kept thinking was this tunnel has been here for millions of years and hasn't caved in yet... but just my luck! As luck would have it, I calmed down and we were able to have a great time. It was only about 60 degrees down there so that in itself was worth it, and the hike was really easy, you didn't even know you were descending further until they told you how deep you were.
C was freezing the whole time and kept his arms inside his shirt, K was concerned that I was going to slip and fall since some of the trail was wet and slippery, and O attached herself to another family and was happy to stay with them most of the time.
After Ruby Falls we went to the Aquarium. We hit the jack-pot with C and O. They ran around the whole time we could barely keep track of them they were so excited about the fish. They got to touch sting rays, see butterflies up close, walk under sharks, and see pregnant MALE sea horses! (that was my favorite part)
To top the trip off we ate at another Tennessee BBQ place Sticky Fingers!!! Let's just say I will crave it for the rest of my life.


Comments