Would you like a little Cheese with that Whine?

I always look forward to summer. I don't know why. There are always fun things going on almost every day. Free stuff in the community, we have a museum pass, State Farm Pool is free, nice weather to play at the park. I have all these fun ideas in my head every morning, then the kids get up. You would think I was taking them all to the Dr. for shots, then to the dentist for root canals, then we were going to go and have the longest naps in history (you know everything kids hate). Getting out of the house for these "great, fun activities" is literally like pulling teeth. It takes hours to get them to get dressed and ready and then they whine and cry the whole time. I keep telling them that they are going to go some place fun, but they are not deterred. Fighting, whining, crying and generally disobeying... needless to say we are not going and doing anything fun today.

Comments

Whacky Wheelers said…
Mom: "What do you want to do today?"

Matthew: "Nothing."

Mom: "We can't just do nothing . . . what do you want to do?"

Matthew: "Stay home."

Mom: "Okay . . . what do you want to do at home?"

Matthew: "Nothing."

FIVE MINUTES LATER . . . .

Matthew: "I'm bored."

(Sound familiar?)
Karrie said…
That's awesome. My kids can be fun-suckers. The suck the fun right out of almost anything, when they make their minds up that they don't want to do anything. My kids are almost always up for a road trip, as long as it's short, has food involved, and they can run. That means the library story times are out...

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up