4th of July 2009




Well this 4th was kind of a bust. We were planning on having a party, and breaking in our new fire pit. The weather had a different idea about what our plans should be. It rained ALL day long and we had about 3 inches of water in our fire pit. SOOOO we didn't have our party after all. I was not prepared to have that many people in my house (I lounged all day and didn't do much cleaning). So we just had our friends the Keech's over (she's the kind of friend that I don't mind if she sees my mess, sorry Kim) for dessert and ended up going over to our neighbors for a little bit. Their pit was not soaked like ours, and their house was apparently cleaner too! We did get to have some sparklers, thanks to the Keech's and we saw some big fireworks in several locations around our neighborhood, thanks to the neighbors with illegal fireworks. I guess what really matters is the kids had a good time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wouldn't mind your mess either.....just so you know! :-) And you didn't come fully inside....it WAS a mess! Ohh and that darn Andy and the ILLEGAL fireworks! Naughty boy...tisk, tisk and HOUSTON I HAVE A HOLE!! I hope next year that we can try out your BIG pit!!!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up