Warning... Major Whining and Complaining Ahead.

As many of you know it took us a while to get pregnant with this baby. It was several years of "trying" and a lot of crying, then mostly just giving up, admitting defeat and deciding to just love my life. Then like magic it happened. When I first got pregnant I swore that I would not utter one single complaint, after all I did bring this on myself so to speak, and I should be grateful for EVERY little milestone along the journey.

Then comes the morning sickness, well it wasn't that bad this time I didn't actually throw up so really it was like not having morning sickness at all. Exhaustion soon followed, but I only have one child at home during the day and it's so cold here no one will mind if I sleep half my day away (except the laundry, and dishes fairy who were not kind enough to stop deliveries at our house). Next was the heartburn, it's only at night and if I really watch what I eat then it will be fine, it's only for a couple of months. Peeing 12 times a night is normal when your pregnant, it's just getting me ready for those sleepless nights with the baby. Swelling only occurs if I stand or sit or walk too long, I'll just keep by self busy but take frequent breaks.

Well I've had it. I'm done with smiling away my "symptoms". They suck and there is no other way to say it. No matter how much you want to be pregnant, or tried for years and years, or had problems with infertility, they still suck. I know they are only here for a few months and I guess that's what gets us through it, but while they are happening they are not comfortable, and some are down right unbearable. The thing that broke the camel's back for me is the leg cramps. I eat bananas like a freakin' monkey, I drink about 3-4 glasses of milk a day, and they still come. More water people tell me, but if I drink any more my bathroom trips will increase from 12 times per night to 20!!!

Oh, I feel so much better now that I've gotten that all off my chest.

Comments

Normal Mom said…
Is it bad that I read that and just smiled? :)
For the leg cramps you could try mixing things up with cottage cheese, just for something different. All this frustration just means you are getting to the end of the road!

See you Thursday!
Stacey said…
The last few weeks are pure misery-if you didn't complain you wouldn't be normal. You are growing a HUMAN BEING---enough said.
Karrie said…
Amen.

And, we know, and nod our heads in agreement, that something as "trifle" as heartburn or a silly leg cramp can become so unbearable, especially when you wanted to be pregnant. I am stopping at four kids for several reasons, and one of the biggest reasons is that by body and mind will not make it through another pregnancy. I know it's only 9 months... but I swear those can be the longest and most difficult nine months ever! (Physically. I've been told teenage years are tough, too!)

Good luck monkey!
Katie and Luke said…
I have to agree with you. This baby took years and we had given up.I was soooo sick with this one until almost 18 weeks. Worst pregnancy of the three for me. But I told myself that I was so thankful that I wouldn't whine about it. I sustained from whining at work, but kept it all bottled up for my sweet husband at night when the kids were asleep.
Hang in there! Its all worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up