Any Suggestions (please keep it at PG-13 or below)
Well it's about that time again. Time to try and get labor to start. It NEVER has worked in the past but I just can't resist trying. It's like I'm being productive at least not just sitting by idly waiting, waiting, waiting! I have been "over due" with all the children, and have never started labor on my own. Oh, how I long for the experience of my water breaking in the middle of Meijer, or having to wake my hubby at 1am to rush to the hospital. Those experiences are apparently meant for other women.
With each child I have tried new and interesting ways to start labor, here is a list of the one's I've tried and failed:
- Walking (lots of walking, I think the neighbors thought I was crazy)
- Eating spicy foods
- Eating LOTS of ice cream at one sitting
- Eating a salad with parsley, and olive oil, then taking a hot shower directed at my chest, then, well, you know, wink wink!!! (I tried this one 3 nights in a row with O and it was never successful) Sorry about the TMI
- Wink, Wink by itself!
- Taking a laxative
- Sitting on the exercise ball for hours at a time
- Walking on the curb with one foot on and one foot off. Our Bishop's wife swore by this one and I was so desperate with O that I tried every night for a week!
- Praying
- Breast Stimulation (again with the TMI)
- I've even gone out of town for a week, the week before my due date thinking fate would have a laugh with me, and nothing happened
I guess my best way would be to CALM down and just relax, when it happens it happens, but if you know me, you know I obsess about e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g so that's just not gonna work either!
The baby is not due for another couple of weeks so it's not a major rush at this point, but I know it's gonna get close and I'm gonna be a woman possessed. So if any of you out in Blog Land have any other ideas, let me know. It would be interesting to see what has worked, or not worked for all of you.
Comments
Priscilla (didn't want to sign in, to lazy)
I have to ditto A on the breast pump. That seemed to really speed things up with Faith once I started doing it. Although that was once contractions were coming.
With Jessica (I was 10 days "over due" Day 8, I started using Evening Primrose oil to the cervix area ( you need to wear a pad though as it WILL leak some),wink wink. Day 9 all of the above plus I started using nipple stimulation. That night I was on my hands and knees (get this I KNOW everyone will be shocked) MOPPING my floor!!! Bwaahaaaa!
I think things can help but in the end the baby is going to come when it comes. I wouldn't go to a huge effort but if you are ok with trying some new stuff go ahead. It won't hurt!
#1 came 8 days early with no doing on my part. I was happy.
#2 came 14 days early with no doing on my part. I was shocked.
#3 came on his due date with the help of an induction. (Although, his due date was moved up 8 days, AND I was having contractions when I went in- story of my pregnant life with him... contractions for a month.)I was relieved.
#4 came two days before her due date, in a mere 30 minutes. I do not suggest this route.
Moral of the story: they come when they come, and it's super frustrating to be a planner and not be able to plan it. Just make it to the hospital in time, and everything will be spiffy.
Oh- and seriously- walking helps no matter what, because even if you don't go into labor, it increases your circulation and you get a little exercise in the process.
Good luck, look forward to seeing pictures of the guy!
A pre-natal massage.
A lot of hard foot rubs.
Visit a back cracker.
Also...this works every time. Plan a nice vacation. (close by of course) Drop a lot of $$ on a nice hotel (Starved Rock is nice!) Plan out expencive entertainment, dinner, massages (get pre approvel from Dr. I have someone who does pre-natal massage.) Foot rubs, facials, you name it...plan it! Usually, just losing the $ alone puts you into labor. If it doesn't...who cares! You just got a wonderful relaxing vacation out of it.
And at the end of the day...you may just like to cook your babies longer. That's ok. Frustrating, but ok. Go have a nice Big O & plan that vacation!
I know that was not what you were looking for. I was actually looking forward to "going into labor" . . . but we got scheduled. At least I got the vaginal birth!