The Last Few Days
When we woke up Friday and headed to the hospital at 6:30am someone had tied a Good Luck balloon to our front planter. It was so sweet, we don't know who it was, but it gave me such a pick-me-up.
Yesterday when we got home we were all of course exhausted. Chris' friend from work John called and asked what we were having for dinner. John comes and eats "home cooked" meals several times a month at our house, it gives him a break from Oreo's and Twizzlers. He was not looking for an invite but was sweet enough to bring us Pizza! It was nice not to have to warm up leftovers.
The girls and I, and their friends from down the street made a sign for our front yard. It is a really cute sign, but only lasted a few hours in this moist Illinois air before it drooped to the ground. It was fun making it and kept the girls busy for a little while, I'm sure L was happy as he was the object of their obsession.
C has been so great with the baby. When we got home he brought out his swords and told us he was going to teach L to sword fight. After he did that he brought out his "PDA", which is an old one that doesn't work very well but still turns on so he thinks it's great, and showed L how to use his "GPS". As soon as L mastered the GPS he was introduced to toy snakes, and planes. He won't have anything to look forward to at this rate.
O is all about showing him off to her friends, and telling people about him. She likes to hold him but is pretty much the one who is done the quickest.
K thinks she's his mother. If I put a blanket on him she makes sure it is on straight. If he fusses she will push me aside and run to get him. It's funny but also really getting on my nerves. I keep reminding myself that she is trying to help and I should appreciate it. I keep trying to tell her that I'm not going to spend my days holding him, so she needs to let him have some alone time.
It's nice that Chris has this week off. He is out running errands with C right now and I'm veggin' out with Soap Opera's and snacks. The world is how it should be.
Comments
Good to hear you are enjoying your time. He is beautiful beyond...