Adventures in Cloth Diapering!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew going into this that it was going to be a challenge. There are so many things to learn. First of all you have to change cloth diapers a lot more often. No waiting for hours, or hoping to make it through all your errands before a change. If you wait too long you are going to be washing way more clothing than is necessary. Then there's what to do with them when you are out and about. You can't just toss them, can't just put them in your bag, that would be messy, so you need a wet bag. That is a bag that is water proof so your wallet stays dry! Right now our wet bags consist of recycled WalMart bags! (one more thing to add to my to-do list) Did you know you shouldn't use fabric softener on cloth? I didn't, thank goodness for good friends. Another thing is diaper rash cream. You have to be careful what brand you use, they tend to affect the absorbency of your diaper. This is just a few things I've learned and I'm sure there is a lot more.

The worst thing I've learned is that the cloth diapers that I made no longer fit my big boy. They barely fit when he was born, his tummy is just too fat! Luckily I have others that fit fine that I will use until I can alter the pattern and make more. Everything about my diapers fit him except the waist. So I will be sewing my heart out this week. I'm sad about my cute diapers I made, I still have most of the fabric so I can make ones just as cute. By the time this is over I'll be an expert at homemade cloth diapers.

Comments

Mary said…
I think you are doing so well to be using them this early! I was stressed out at first, but it gets easier. I don't use them on trips and am always happy to pull them out when we get home. It is a funny thing.
Anonymous said…
Yes, be kind to yourself. That is the beauty of cloth. You are still saving HUGE and it does get simpler and easier....promise! I too don't use them on trips. Heavens oh my no!! I have lots of other diapers if you want to come check them out. Most of them need covers but I think I have quite a few of those too. Just let me know!!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up