HHHMMMMM?
I went and had my 4 week check up with the OB on Friday. No, I've not reached the status of "crazy blogger that writes about her WOMANLY checkups". This post is one of those things that makes me go HMMM.
The doctor's office I go to is kinda like a Kaiser office for all you California people, it has all the doctors, x-ray techs, pharmacy, etc in the same building. It is not owned by my insurance it's just on my list and I like that I have one stop shopping! It's also a stone's throw from my house and I could walk if I was ever that ambitious. This office has also recently merged with another company. Basically they still take our insurance and have the same doctors and staff, just the name changed. I thought this wasn't going to affect me much, but it will a little more than I planned. My doctor informed me on Friday he is leaving the practice. I was a little shocked. He said that since the company that they merged with is a Catholic based company they can no longer prescribe birth control, or anything related to fertility. That included my Glucophage for the treatment of PCOS. He said he could not be bound by those rules since he is a woman's doctor and most of his patients require something in those areas. So he is moving, thank goodness not too far away, and he will still take my insurance, and keep his nice nurses!
I don't know about anyone else but when I find a doctor I like I tend to really stick with them.
After K was born our insurance stopped contracting with my OB and it was devastating. I was so worried about having more kids. O's doctor was horrible and I hated him, luckily he was not on call the day I delivered and I found Dr. Cheung. She was the bomb and delivered O and C. When we decided to move here I had to keep telling myself that people have babies in Illinois all the time and I had to resist the urge to go to California for my last trimester and have my baby there. Well things worked out and I found my doctor here and love him. I'm not a fan of change so the fact he can still take my insurance is a HUGE relief.
I just thought this was all very interesting. I wonder how many patients will stay with the other doctor's that are planning on staying in the old office.
Comments