I am ADDICTED!!

No, I'm not talking about Pepsi... this time! I'm talking about Craig's List. I cannot tell you how many times I've sent my sweet husband to pick up something I've found for free on Craig's List. Yesterday was no different. I found a FREE sewing machine. It's an old Singer (my favorite) with a great cabinet. You never know what condition things are going to be in when you get them for free so it's a gamble. Well I gambled and scored! It was pretty dirty and loud when I brought it home. A little Windex and Oil and it's good as new (well almost). So far I've only sewn a little on it to see if it works and the stitch is straight and the tension is good. We are giving it to K for Christmas so "mums" the word!

I almost didn't get it because the woman who was giving it away wanted it to go to a good home, and to someone who needed it. When I told her I already had 7 (YES 7 do you have a problem with that?) machines she thought I wasn't deserving enough, but when I told her my 10 year old daughter would be the owner she seemed OK with that.

So now we are searching the Internet for the manual! If anyone comes across a Singer 603e manual at a garage sale or anything let me know. For now we are content to wing it.




Comments

AndieF said…
Well, if anybody can "wing" it, it is you!

I am a fellow Craig's list lover, although I have slowed down since school started.
Tam said…
The cabinet is beautiful - I can't believe you got it for free.

I may have that manual for you to copy. I have a Singer machine that was my mothers and it looks very similar to your new machine. I will check tonight when I start cleaning out my craft room.
Normal Mom said…
What an awesome present! She is going to love that!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up