Way Too Fast
Well the last 6 weeks went by way too fast. I can't believe that on Friday L will be 6 weeks old. People say they can't believe that I've gotten back to "normal" so fast after having a baby, but to me it doesn't feel that way. I feel like I'm never going to be back to "normal", I just need to figure out what my new "normal" feels like.
L has been a good baby. Of course there have been a few nights of screaming while putting him to bed, there have been breast feeding issues, cloth diaper issues, and some sibling issues. The sibling issues mostly consist of me telling the other children to get out of his face. Is it possible to love someone TOO MUCH?
The screaming issues have hopefully been resolved by me cutting milk from my diet. I had to do this with O too and it was really hard. I love milk, cheese, yogurt, sour cream, ice cream, really anything dairy related. I stayed away from it for a whole year with O and lost an additional 20 lbs so I'm hoping that history will repeat itself and I'll get something good out of this challenge.
Breastfeeding issues are ones that I also have had in the past. I think with every baby I get at least 3 infections. Hopefully that will not be the case this time and my one two weeks ago will be the only. Three days of fever and not being able to get out of bed were not fun. Luckily I have a great hubby that stayed home and took care of everything.
Cloth diaper issues are getting a lot better. I have revamped my diaper pattern because he grew out of my homemade diapers in the first 2 weeks. We've been using the ones I got from a friend and they are doing well. I just need to get into a routine of changing more often and doing diaper laundry every other day.
He so far is a good sleeper (knock on wood) I don't hold my breath on this one too much because my other kids were awful sleepers (except O). Last night he actually slept 8 hours. I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't believe I had slept for 7 hours straight (I stayed up a little later and watched The Good Wife).
I've been doing well also. Usually I go a little nutty after a baby comes. It seems like this time I don't have the Baby Blues I have the I'm Gonna Sell My Other Kids Blues, and the Nobody Loves Me I Have No Friends Blues. Both of which are not true, I would never sell the children I'd give them away for free... J/K.
I am going back to work soon so we are trying to get L in a routine. He got his first bottle tonight, he liked it so far. I cried the whole time. Hopefully he will be like his big sister K and be able to go back and forth from bottle to breast without a blink of an eye. As long as the food was coming she didn't care where it was coming from.
So our family is bigger and better and different and we are still trying to figure it all out!
Comments
We are looking at coming out to see Michael in December. That is if we don't live there by then!!! I know wishful thinking... but there has to be an end to this - right?!!?!