Ducky

With all of the fighting and bickering my kids do it's a wonder they are still alive. I thought by now they would have killed each other or I would have killed them myself. Luckily in the midst of all of this typical sibling behavior their is a huge HOWEVER! His name is Ducky.

Ducky came to our family only a few short months ago and already he has made a huge, and wonderful impact. I never knew that one tiny, squishy, slobbery, spitupy, poopy, bundle could have such a great influence on our family. There are times when I just listen from the other room as C sings him a lullaby. I hear K talking to him in that annoying baby talk he loves so much. It's even most surprising that O sings, and sings, and sings to him, and is happy to hold him even when he's screaming his head off. I ask her is she needs me to take him and she just says, "No, Mommy he's ok". He is constantly kissed, rubbed, cooed over, sang too, rocked, held, changed, and generally spoiled. It will surprise me if this boy does not grow up rotten to the core.

I managed to have captured a few of these endearing times on camera. O has learned to read! She reads EVERY THING! Lucky for me this includes reading books to her brothers.

One day I came in to the dining room to find O doing home work, while singing a song, and rocking the baby in his seat with her foot. Talk about multi-tasking!


I am so grateful for all of these beautiful children and for everyday when they surprise me by their kindhearted nature. I hope one day when they are older they can be friends with each other and enjoy each other as much as they have enjoyed Ducky. For now I will be content with the watching these moments however fleeting they are and ponder them in my heart.

Comments

Mary said…
So SWEET! Babies do have such a special spirit ~~ do you think it's from being so fresh from heaven? And I am totally with you on hoping that my kids are friends later, even if it is a little hard every day...
Anonymous said…
So glad you can capture a few of these moments! These are the moments that reminds me how really special they really ALL are! Oh and DUCKY would melt everyone over at our house too! I HEART BABIES!!! (ok so maybe just alittle less when I am VERY sleep deprived) Have fun with these 4 blessings you have been blessed with! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up