I've Lost A Kindergartener!!

No it's not one of my kids, I don't even have a child in kindergarten this year. I'm talking about weight! Since this time last year I have lost a total of 49 lbs!!! That does not include my pregnancy either. I lost 35 lbs before I got preggo so I was off to a good start. Usually with being pregnant I just eat whatever I want and don't worry about the weight, this time I only gained 17lbs the whole 9 months and 9 of that was baby. Immediately after delivery I was back to what I was before conception, and since then I've lost another 14lbs.

I know that I've had a lot of help. Being diagnosed with PCOS I was able to get a really big jump start with my medication. It helps me eat better, or else there are horrible consequences. (that's just a nice way to say it without going into all the disgusting details) I also started working around this time last year and working at a fabric store is more physically challenging that I would have thought. I think I walk about 2 miles every night I work just back and forth across the store, and those bolts of fabric are heavy especially when you are carrying 4-5 at a time.

Since I've had the baby I've been exercising more. It doesn't amount to very much right now but it's a lot more than I ever did before. I also have not had any dairy products in a month and a half and that seems to shed the weight for me pretty quickly. Usually I load up on milk, cheese, yogurt etc. This means no chocolate milk, ice cream, pizza, or sour cream, all things I am a HUGE fan of. I'm also working again and that will help lots too.

My friends here have started a weight loss group called Normally Fit, they are such a great support to each other and their weight loss endeavors. I hope that maybe on of these Monday's I'll actually remember that there is a meeting and attend! For now I am eating less and moving more. My goal is reachable at this point. I don't think I'll ever be 140 lbs or anything, I just want to lose 16 more pounds and I'll be good.

This was not intended to be a huge brag post, I'm just pretty excited and needed to tell someone!

Comments

Midwest Keech said…
That is SO great! You & I are totally kindred souls. I wish I was more(?) dedicated. I can't seem to stick-to-it very well. I'm close behind you though...I've lost 35# since March. I'm totally excited to go to UT to see my folks 30+ lbs lighter.

BTW, this week...10:30 @ Amy's.
Normal Mom said…
Congratulations! I think that's awesome! And the best part is that you are feeling happy and healthy! By the way, any cute fleece or interesting cotton prints at the fabric store?
Willow said…
Good for you Syndy!!!

I too could stand to lose a kindergartener. I have recently decided to cut way back on anything sugary or refined foods for a while just to give me a jump-start on trying to get off a few pounds.

You can definately reach your goal; you are doing great!!!!
Tam said…
Let it be a brag page - that is a HUGE accomplishment. And coming from someone who has seen you recently - you look really good. I can't wait for you to rub off on me
Anna said…
Congratulations!! That is awesome!!!

It's funny you posted this today. Just yesterday I mentioned to my husband that the last time I saw you I thought you had lost weight. Seriously -- I am NOT making this up!

Keep up the great work!! You're doing a fantastic job!!!
Karrie said…
Good for you! You should feel pleased with yourself for being so dedicated.

The comparison to a Kindergartner is funny!
Stacey said…
I think it is great! Dieting/losing weight is hard because food is so dang good!! Congrats!!
Mary said…
I was just thinking last night how skinny you looked ~~ I had no idea the extent to which it was not just your jeans! It is definitely worth a gloat!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up