Christmas 2009


We had a great Christmas Eve to start things off. During dinner the children opened one gift it was a game for us to play that night. I think we will make that a tradition, it was really fun. I spent the whole time doing all my baking, but Chris and the kids loved playing The Hungry Caterpillar Game. L slept through it but that's OK, sometimes it's easier that way. Chris and I were only up until 11:00 wrapping gifts, and technically I only wrapped until about 10:30 then I just wanted to finish watching my movie. It was The Proposal and was really good but didn't need that naked scene at all!



I will always remember this year as the Christmas I spent praying to the porcelain Gods, but hopefully the children will have fonder thoughts of this day.

The kids were up at 5:00 which is new for us. Usually I have to wake them up around 7 because I'm so excited. This year Chris made them go back to bed until 7 so by the time we were ready to open gifts they could hardly handle it anymore.

The tree looked great with all the gifts under it. I went cheap this year and did them all in gift bags. I got a sweet deal on them at Hancock's for 10-15 cents a piece! Here's the tree before the mayhem, and foolishness:

This wasn't even all of it they had 1 large gift each downstairs that we couldn't haul up.


I think we did pretty well considering we have a free or homemade Christmas. I like the fact that the whole thing is very low key. Chris got a hatchet, a hat, a shirt, and a book. I got everything I asked for, a hair straightener, and a book.

My parents sent homemade "treasure boxes" for the kids. My dad made them and my mom painted and filled them, they were adorable. My in-laws sent treats for everyone, and also a Wii Fit Plus.

Here's some pictures of L, he is still so little that he only got a couple of things, and really he didn't care. Chris is sporting his new (crocheted by me) hat with flaps, and I'm wearing my warm shawl my MIL bought me in Argentina, it's handmade from Alpaca and very soft and warm.




My parents also got Chris and I a gift card to the Melting Pot, we went there for our anniversary a couple of years ago and it was AWESOME! Can't wait to go back.

I actually contemplated getting up early and taking a shower and doing my hair so I could look cute in pictures, but really what kind of Christmas would it be without some embarrassing bed head pics?

Another year past, they go so quickly it takes my breath away sometimes. I can't believe that we have had 11 years as a family already. I hope everyone had a wonderful and Merry Christmas full of joy and laughter, I know my family did (minus me), and they will again as soon as I get on that Wii Fit!

Comments

Stacey said…
Merry Christmas, Syndy!! I am sorry you were sick on Christmas...that really stinks! I look all bed-head and make-up under the eyes in my photos too. Love all the gift bags-that looked amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up