Most Funnest Party EVER!


I had such a great time at our Annual Girls Night Christmas Party. I don't know how long these ladies have been doing this party but I've been able to go for the past two years and it's been a blast! I was so looking forward to this night. I have not been able to go to a girls night since L was born because of having a new baby, and work. Two weeks ago I requested to have this night off and when my work schedule came out and I was scheduled, I told Chris I would call in sick if she didn't reschedule me. Needless to say I didn't have to lie to go to the party, my boss was kind and rearranged the schedule for me.

It is basically your typical "Girls Night" party, there's eating (lots of eating), chatting about babies, hubbies, kids, sex, weight, books, breast feeding, periods, medical ailments, and the Edwards vs Jacob debate. The word Cougar was also thrown around a lot last night.

As usual there is a gift exchange. We have a $5 limit and things range from the crafty and homemade, to the crazy "white elephant". This year was no exception. My friend Amy brought the biggest box you ever saw, it was about 4 feet tall and 2 feet wide, inside was a HUGE stuffed sheep that she apparently got from a display at The Limited. (her sister works there, she didn't have to shove the sheep under her skirt and shop lift it.) Someone brought a Twilight poster with Edward and Bella on it, I really thought we were going to have a cat fight on our hands... some hubby's (you know who's they are ... cough, Kim's, cough) would have given an arm and a leg to be there for that one! I fought over a cute pair of socks, and lost. Then I hit the jack pot! I opened a rather heavy gift, inside was a really cute vase/candle holder, some hazel nut cocoa mix, yummy chocolate cookies, and oh wait what is this last thing here in the bottom... rustling of paper... slowly opening tissue... reading package...


This was my exact reaction. I should have figured there was something up when my friend Jen was in my face with the camera ready, I'm really not that observant though. I'd like to keep this blog "G" rated so let's just say it was a product used to enhance intimacy... and we'll leave it at that.

Comments

Willow said…
LOL!!!! I so want to go to THAT party! Giant stuffed sheep... Twilight thingys... and well, you know; that's quite an eclectic array of gifts.

How funny.
Stacey said…
Oh my gosh...so funny!! It was so much fun!! I can't wait for next year.
LOL! Love your expression!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up