I have very talented friends


I cannot say enough about my talented friends. It never ceases to amaze me how great they are. I have friends with mad scrap booking skills, photography skills, sewing skills, singing skills, art skills, writing skills, and teaching skills. Recently I have become friends with a woman that has MAJOR bead making skills.

I have been admiring Heather's work from afar, aka blog lurking, and finally got up enough guts to talk with her about it. She makes her beads by hand from glass. They are gorgeous! That really doesn't begin to describe them. The patience and concentration she must have to make these every day is amazing. I am trying to get an invite to see how she works her magic.

Well, being the thrifty girl I am, I approached her about bartering beads for purses. She was totally on board for that. She recently came out with a new line of beads that is called Heather's Handbags... Right up my alley!! SOOO I asked if she could make one that looked like my Sacks By Syndy logo... SCORE! Heather did not disappoint. This is what she came up with...


Told you it was amazing. Seriously.

Thanks Heather for the great beads, now if I would just get over my fear of putting them on something, I'm so afraid that I'm gonna break them. The children have been thoroughly threatened about touching them, they know they will die a slow and painful death if they get broken.

Here's Heather's link if any of you are interested and I'm putting her ETSY html on my side bar if you wanna order!! Dragonfly Lampworks

Comments

Anonymous said…
Seriously! Her skills are AMAZING!!!! I soooooooooooooooooooo want to learn how to do it!!! You have MAD skills too! That purse set is amazing! Just perfect!!
Mary said…
That is so cute -- and with the little bee too! Darling.
Karrie said…
Very cool. Those beads are rad. (Yes, very 80's, I know. Rad. But they are!)

And your daughter having musical skills? Good for her, and you are a good momma for supporting her. (Sorry, I'm catching up and didn't feel like commenting all over the place.)

AND, that is a cute bag- love the bright colors. I LOVE fall colors, and I love spring colors... but I especially love when it's time to change color palettes. So refreshing.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up