I Love You School
I've pretty much been a slacker mom when it comes to getting my kids ready for kindergarten. K didn't know how to spell her name when she went to school, O only knew the things that K taught her while playing school, and C only knows what he's learned at preschool, and let's be honest here 1 1/2 hours 3 times a week is not much! So one of my "resolutions" this year is to work more with him to prepare him for school in the fall. He knows how to write his name (again not my doing) and knows some of the letters of the alphabet. So everyday for 30 minutes we are going to focus on one letter. I know 30 minutes does not sound like much but it's what I can commit to right now and really it's about the length of his attention span. Then the rest of the day will be reminding him about the letter and practicing what it sounds like and what kind of things start with that letter.
So today we started with A of course. He was so excited that we were doing school. I asked him what we should call our school and he decided it should be "I Love You School". He is such a sweet kid I'm going to miss him when he goes to regular school.
Maybe by the time he goes to kindergarten he will know stuff and I will have actually had a hand in making that happen. I'm a long way from being a homeschooling mom, (that would be comical) but I can do my small part.
Comments