No More Mrs. Nice Guy!
I decided really early on in my "Mom life" that I would not make a big deal out of things getting broken, you know dishes, knick knacks, glasses etc. It's an accident, I would tell myself, they didn't mean to, it's only stuff. For years I have been able to brush off not having a full set of dishes anymore because there is always at least one broken. I have come to terms with the fact that I only have 7 Martha blue goblet glasses left and they are discontinued so I will never have more, when they are gone they are gone. I even buy my plates from the Dollar Tree cuz I know they are gonna get broken.
Well I'm DONE! Why is it all MY nice things are the things that get broken? Why don't they break their own stuff? Usually when something gets broken it's because what I just told them to do they are doing the opposite. Don't carry that with one hand it's heavy, don't put that on the edge of the table it will fall off, don't swing that around in the house you're going to knock something over, or my favorite for today, that bowl goes in the cupboard below (as middle child ignores me and climbs the step ladder with said bowl in hand) you can see where this went... SMASH! I am now down to 1 mixing bowl.
Comments
Sorry, don't really have any comforting words...What do you do?? Break their stuff?? Dilemma...