Santaian Slip

This was a huge OOPS on my part. The girls were playing Scatergories today and I was helping O who still needs help spelling and when you put a timer on her mind goes blank. The category was "Fictional Character" and the letter was S:

O: "Mom, what's a fictional character?"

Me: "A person or thing that is not real, like in a book, or a movie etc."

O: "What's one that starts with S?"

Me: "Oh, I know one, I proceed to whisper, Santa Clause"

O: "Thanks...wait a minute... Santa's not real?"

Me: (thinking in my mind, OH CRAP!) "No not Santa, silly me"

O: "OK Mom I was like Hello! Santa is REAL".

Me: WHEW!

Comments

Unknown said…
*****SPOILER ALERT!!*****

You are much luckier than Mike. He has a similar slip with Grace a few years back and she was devastated. We still hear about it from time to time. Mike's included all of them, tooth fairy, easter bunny and Santa.
Stacey said…
Funny...good cover. Since she WANTS to believe in Santa then she probably didn't doubt you at all.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up