What have you been doing all this time?
Just FYI a huge rant is going to follow...
I think one of my biggest pet peeves as a parent, aside from folded clean laundry in the dirty clothes hamper, is the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the kids bathroom. I have spent tons of money on replenishing these OFTEN! I'm talking like a bottle a week of each. Finally this summer I got smart (thanks Mom for the idea) and put each one in their own pump container. I wrote in a Sharpie what was in each one and they are only allowed so many pumps per shower. I am very nice and allow extra conditioner pumps for the girls since their hair is longer. The system works well, only one pump has mechanical issues but can still be used for their purpose.
WELL, tonight I was refilling the pumps and handed them all to O. I told her the one with body wash was having problems, and she needed to be careful. She turns to me and says, "How do I know which one is body wash?"!!!! SERIOUSLY! They have been using these for months and THE GIRL CAN READ!!! Are you kidding me!? No wonder every day when I ask if she's used conditioner because she's screaming her head off while I'm brushing her hair she says yes, but if she wasn't reading the label who knows which one she is actually using. She was probably using the conditioner for body wash. I guess it's just one of those frustrating mom nights.
Oh, and I hate homework... really, really, hate it... especially 5th grade math... I already passed the 5th grade and I don't need to take it 4 more times.
Comments
My pet peeve is when I ask someone to bring me something in another room and they say they can't find it. I walk into the room and it's in plain sight. I usually get a response like, "Oh, I didn't see it there." AHHHHH!
Joy- I sent all 3 kids down to look for the dustpan the other day in the basement. They had to step over it to get down there and all 3 said they couldn't find it!!! AAAHHH.