Happy Groundhog Day
I didn't even know today was Groundhog Day to be honest. I guess when you are not in the 1st grade it's just another day. When you ARE in 1st grade it's a big deal, just so you know. O was talking about it all morning. After she left for school C ran over to the art table and began drawing, like he does most days. Today he brought me a picture of a little brown animal with a big huge brown scribble above it. Mostly he has to explain his pictures to me, he's 5 they are usually filled with smiling faces and lots of things that I can't tell what they are. He proceeded to inform me the animal was the groundhog and the big brown scribble above it was his hole that he had blown up.
Dear C's Kindergarten teacher,
Please do not be alarmed or scared that C has drawn a picture of guns, swords, people dying, blood, guts, or other various disturbing scenes. He really is a great kid and would never harm a fly, or take the school hostage. Please do not expel him I'm sure if we explained that those things are not appropriate for school, and he must keep the violence at home he will understand. I hope this does not go in his "permanent" file!
Thanks so much,
Syndy
Comments