History Repeats Itself

Today was one of those days that I'm sure my mother would love. You know when she said, "I hope you have kids just like you," well today it happened (again).

When I was about 14ish I was sitting in Sacrament meeting playing with a tube of lip balm. It was the Vaseline kind that is soft and you can squeeze it out on your finger or lips. Well I guess I squeezed a little too hard, the bottom came completely open, and the entire contents of the tube shot across 4 rows of people and hit a woman smack dab in the middle of the back of her head. She turned to her teenage son and smacked him on the shoulder (not hard) thinking he did it.

Fast forward a year or so. My mom had one of those mini Super Soaker key chains. It was a tiny water gun on her key ring. My brother and I were messing with it, again during Sacrament meeting. It was "empty" or so we thought. I push the trigger and a small amount of water that was trapped in the barrel shot across 4 rows of people and hit the SAME woman on the side of her face. Again she turns to her teenage son and smacks him on the shoulder.

Fast forward a few months (seriously could it get any worse?) we were sitting in... you guessed it Sacrament meeting. My brother, the younger one this time, leaned forward and coughed really hard and a luggie shot out of his mouth (no not across 4 rows, that would be amazing) and lands in the woman's hair in front of us. Luckily it was a different woman, my mom was mortified and used a tissue to wipe it out. The woman didn't even notice.

Well we never fessed up to any of these incidents, although we were laughing hysterically each time so I'm sure they figured out who it was.

Fast forward 20ish years to today. Again sitting in sacrament meeting. K and C were fighting over a pen. The pen broke, someone let go of their half and it flew through the air 2 rows up and hit a woman in the back of the head. More laughing hysterically, and I almost pee having flash backs of the luggie, the Vaseline, and the Super Soaker. Thank goodness it wasn't anything messy or contagious.

Comments

Whacky Wheelers said…
I'm not sitting near you guys in Sacrament Meeting!!! Matthew still holds the record for number of pews he crawled under during Sacrament Meeting before someone caught him!! 10! He was fast!!
Melody said…
Didn't I have the most reverent children. LOL They sure kept me laughing. Actually we were ususlly laughing all the time in sacrament because we sat the Dali's.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up