I see the humor all around me
I have learned to see the humor in a lot of things, especially since I've become a mother. Here are a few funny things I've observed lately.
First up is C. He does have a bed in his room, a nice bed. For the last 2 weeks however he has chosen to sleep in what he calls his "cubby". It's a spot of floor about 2 feet by 2 feet that is in between his dresser, the wall, his train table, and the crib. He has his night light that plugs in right by his head. I would normally think this is really weird (actually it is) but he is finally sleeping through the night again! He stopped sleeping through the night when K kicked him out of her bed. The only problem with this arrangement is that if L wakes up during the night he can see the light and C, and scoots himself over to the edge of the crib and yells to wake C up. I know I have strange kids.
Second is this little gem I found while changing L's diaper the other night. If you look closely you can see that the diaper has been put on BACKWARD! Completely BACKWARD. This must have taken some talent!
Third thing that I thought was HYSTERICAL was I was at Hob Lob today getting fabric (don't judge me I go where the deals are). I told the girl at the cutting table that I wanted 1/3 of a yard. She looked at me with a blank stare and says, "Is that like 3/8 of a yard". To which I replied, "No, it's like 1/3 of a yard". More blank stares, crickets chirping, she's starting to panic. So, I helped her out, "It's 12 inches of fabric". She says, "Oh, yeah, Duh". DUH RIGHT! The worst part is that the yard stick was marked 1/3 of a yard at 12 inches. She's earning her minimum wage.
The last thing that brought humor to my day I do not have a picture of. I was in the Wal Mart parking lot last night and saw a license plate that read, "KY WOMAN". My mind went immediately to the jelly not the state.
Comments
Loved, loved, loved the KY comment!!! I laughed so hard!