Valentine's Day and all that mushy stuff

Turn away now if you are easily nauseated by mushy love stuff. I've compiled a list of things about us:

We've been married almost 12 years (Feb 28th to be exact).

I didn't know we were officially dating when he proposed to me.

He wanted to name our first born son Wolfgang, I almost died when he told me that.

I never listened to country music until I married Chris.

Even though he hates dancing, he took me dancing on our first date (go figure)

On our first date the second I opened the door something flew into my eye, dirt, lint, something and I spent the next hour trying to get it out. He thought I was tearing up because I didn't want to be with him.

Also on our first date he shared his dessert with me. Only now do I realize what a big gesture that was, he doesn't share dessert with just anyone!

He did not kiss me for the first time until we'd been engaged for 3 days.

I totally dissed him over the alter. He went in for a big kiss and I held up my hand and said, "I don't think so" PDA's are not my thing. Our old Bishop still laughs about that.

The man can BBQ like no body's business.

I apparently told his mother the first time I met her that I could fit an entire cupcake in my mouth at once. She knew right then that I was the one for him.

The first time I met his parents I was covered in mud, we are talking head to toe, and had to shower in his mom's ALL WHITE bathroom. Talk about stress.

Once, by accident, Chris pinched my friend's boob with his toes. ( I know I should say breast but it's funnier when you use boob!)

When we got married I only wanted 2 kids, he wanted 6-8... he's winning!

He sleep talks and it's adorable, except when it's scary.

When his brother Wes calls he answers the phone, "CORNHOLIO". Yes, I had to google that for the spelling.

Sometimes if I'm really good he answers my questions with, "As you wish". I giggle every time.

Sometimes if he really wants sympathy he'll tell me he once had something but it burnt in the fire. For example: I had a turtle once, but it brunt in the fire.

When we were dating he affectionately called me Chicken Nugget.

Our first date was in August, we were engaged by October and married in February. Crazy fast.

I inherited a lot of really great friends when I married Chris. I used to call them my friends-in-law now I just call them friends.

So there's a few fun facts about us. I love reminiscing about the good ol' days.



Comments

Karrie said…
Dear Chicken Nugget-
This was funny.
Not at all mushy. An honest and funny recollection.
Katie and Luke said…
I love those! you seem so happy and your hubby seems so funny!
Willow said…
I love your list.

One of my favorite memories was a night (after institute) when we were all over at your appartment. He had left the room for some reason, and you looked at us and asked what kind of Pig he would make. Pig being an affectionate term, of course. We all agreed that he would make an outstanding Pig.


P.S. Didn't one of you pepper spray the other?
The Queen Bee said…
Yes, Willow, Chris pepper sprayed me before we got married. I vaguely remember us using the term Pig as a term of endearment I can't remember the specifics.

Karrie- HAHAHAHAH!!!!LOL

Katie- You have no idea!! He keeps me cracking up.
Mary said…
That was wonderful ~~ I love all of those anecdotes!
Troll said…
Those are AWESOME!! If only every marriage was like yours and Chris'. And he shared his dessert with you? He must've been madly in love with you!
Joanna said…
We so miss you! I was just thinking how we used to get together once a month on Sunday and visit while all the kids ran a muck. We are still looking for friends who have the same "no blood, don't tattle" rule. Maybe next summer our paths will cross.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up