Hockey Everyone?!









Last night there was a free hockey/ice skating clinic at our local ice center. You know me, I hear the word FREE and my Spidey Senses start tinglin'. I registered C for the session, and we ended up going as a family and taking the little boy next door too. It was tons of fun to see C on ice skates, or any type of skate for that matter, for the first time. My first thought as he went out on the ice was, "thank goodness we have hospital indemnity insurance on him". I was worried about broken bones.

The first thing they did was line the kids up at tell them on the count of three to skate as fast as they could to the other end. I thought that was kinda mean, but quickly realized that it was the fastest way to divide them into groups. the ones that made it across in one group, the ones that made it half way in another, and the ones still at the starting line on the ground yet another group. Needless to say C was one of the ones on the ground.

By the end of the session he was getting around pretty good by himself. He loved it and can't wait to go back again tonight. As we were leaving the girls were looking a little sad that they didn't get to do it, luckily they were starting another session for older kids and we were able to join them. K had skated once before at a birthday party, but O was in the same boat as C. By the end though they were all doing very well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up