Pine Wood Derby
I didn't think I'd be able to participate in a Pine Wood Derby until C was in Cub Scouts, well I was wrong. The Activity Day girls at church held their own PWD. I was soooo excited, the possibilities for the car were endless. In my mind it was gonna be a decoupaged, leopard print, Bedazzled, sparkly, hot pink, queen bee worthy sports/hotrod/kick a$$ car! Well in K's mind it was a little more toned down than all that. I have to say she did her whole car by herself, minus the sawing, and the wheels, and it turned out great. She named it Confetti because...well...it looked like confetti.
She had high hopes for this little car, it came in 17th out of 20, but I was so impressed because she didn't care. I think she had more fun cheering on her friends than racing her own car. Now this little car sits on our bookshelf for all to see. I'm sure she will still have this Confetti Car when she is old and 34 and blogging about her own children!
Her car is the blue one at the top.
the blue streak at the bottom
She was the first one to register so her car was #1
Comments