Reading Slump

I've been in a bit of a reading slump lately. I read the Percy Jackson first 2 books and can't seem to get more than 1/2 way through the 3rd one. My mom gave me The Lovely Bones which I have been wanting to read for some time. I cannot get past page 13... it is too disturbing. Did anyone else find that book too disturbing? That's saying a lot coming from me too, usually give me a mystery book where someone is murdered and I'm all over that but this one was toooooooo much. I may have to follow my girls to school until they are seniors in high school.

So what are all of you reading? Anything good...anything worth a trip to the library???

Comments

AndieF said…
Sorry, I've been in a reading slump too - for months. Basically since last September. I don't know why - I've had so much free time for reading since then LOL

I've been thinking that I need to start something though. I read so much last summer and I do miss reading.
Karrie said…
Right now I'm reading "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" and it's a little depressing.
I read two of Julie Klassen's books recently: The Apothecary's Daughter and Lady of Milkweed Manor. Both a bit dramatic, but historically interesting, easy to get into. I will read her newest when it comes to me through library reserve. I have an FBI-mystery-death-gun fest book called "Simple Genius" and that was my first of that genre. It was alright. I'll send it to you if you want it. For reals. Email me if you want it.
Unknown said…
I couldn't read the book either too many teenage girls at my house to comfortably keep one eye on the book and one on the girls. I completely understand.
Stacey said…
I read The Lovely Bones and really enjoyed it. I don't like creepy stuff either but for some reason I enjoyed this book. When she is in her version of heaven she is happy and trying to help everyone. I think that is what I focused on more than her being killed by a disgusting pervert. I, too, have been in a reading slump lately. Kyle even got me a Sony Reader for Christmas and I haven't even downloaded anything on it yet. I am wanting to read "The Last Song" which is coming out into a movie soon.
Normal Mom said…
I loved the Talent Code by Daniel Coyle. It's non-fiction. It reads well and it not too long.
I just started reading The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings-it's ok, kind of heavy on the south Florida accent in the dialogue, I feel like I need a translator.
Just think of your reading break as a time to make more purses! There are bamboo handles on clearance at Hobby Lobby in case you need any.
Whacky Wheelers said…
I couldn't read the "The Lovely Bones" either . . . too creepy! And, I have NO desire to see the movie! I did just read "These Is My Words" by Nancy Turner and LOVED it! Pioneer woman in the west, great adventures and a very fast read for me. I miss the book and wish it was longer.
AndieF said…
I got a bunch of books today - It is the Normal Library book sale (started yesterday). Monday - Wednesday, they are having a free book sale. I also got some good ones at Mission Mart. So at least I have bunch of books to read now. Let's see if I actually read them . . .
Midwest Keech said…
I'm on book #5 of Leven Thumps. I have, "Forest Born" (last of Goosegirl series), if you want to borrow it for a bit. I haven't read it yet, but it'll be a little while.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up