Easter...Good times!
To tell you the truth I always loved Easter growing up. I think I've mentioned before that it was like a second Christmas but with colored eggs. However I also have to admit that it is a holiday that stresses me out now that I'm a mom!
I'm not a fan of coloring eggs with my kids. We've done it the last few years but I dread it and usually end up yelling through the whole thing. Back story, when it was K's first time to color eggs I was so excited. I bought all the stuff, she had a whole dozen eggs to herself, we got out the camera and the video camera and went to town. About 2 minutes into the process I was screaming so bad (I did not anticipate the mess...being a new mom and all) that Chris had to turn the video camera off because he was embarrassed by my, let's call it a "tantrum". So for years we did not color eggs. If we did it was outside, with me at least 100 feet away doing something else. Anyhoo...I started doing eggs again when C was about 3, there was less mess and they only get a few eggs each. This year they got 6 eggs and Chris bought a "no mess" egg dying kit... Yeah, right. It was a smaller mess but still a mess. I only yelled once, and the kids had fun.
I forgot to buy plastic eggs for the egg hunt, so we ended up hiding a dozen of the real eggs, in the house 3 separate times so each kid could hunt once. It worked perfectly.
Last year the Easter Bunny stopped coming to our house. We ended up giving them a little money and took them shopping for their own treats. This year we bought surprises and candy that we sat out last night so they had something to wake up to. Then C asks when the Easter Bunny is going to come back to our house and I just told him and O that there is no Easter Bunny and that dad and I give the gifts. I was worried that I was crushing their little hearts but all they said was, "Oh, OK". No tears, no shock, no drama...that was easy...is Santa next? Probably not cuz Christmas doesn't give me as much stress as Easter (egg coloring) and Halloween (pumpkin carving). Just as an FYI C and O got new fishing poles from us, and K got a cool book that is the guide to the Percy Jackson series.
Daffodil's from my yard
Bored baby...no egg coloring for you...and no presents for you either...don't worry I'll pay for the therapy!
My cute bunch all with cheesy grins.
Comments
The funny thing is that I let the kids to art ALL the time, and I don't get stressed out about that mess. LOL