Where has the time gone?!
Today my baby is 11, eleven, one year from 12! I can't believe it. I guess the hardest part is that she is closer to adulthood than birth at this point and it's freaking me out. The last 11 yearwhizzed past so I'm sure the next 11 will too. Here's a few pictures that I was able to round up of K when she was little. When she was born we didn't have digital so I don't have baby pics at my finger tips.
her 1st sleep study
her 5th b-day party
at the zoo
I think she was 8 in this picture.
When she was born she had attitude and a general dislike for her momma. Once she could move around at 6 months she was A LOT happier, on the go from the beginning. At 6 months old she could get out of her crib and crawl to the living room. No kidding, she could swing her legs over the edge of the crib and hang like a monkey, then drop herself onto the floor. After a few days of that we decided to put the crib away and just give her a big girl bed just in case she fell to hard one day. After that it was game on, she walked at 8 months, and was potty trained by 18 months. (thanks Mom and Penny!)
She did not sleep through the night until she was 3, and my sweet hubby was the one that had to train her! K was plagued by ear infections from birth, and by the time she was 3 we discovered that she had sleep apnea, and had her tonsils removed. She also has had Cat Scratch Disease, Scarlet Fever, and 5th's Disease. If there's a strange disease or sickness going around be sure K will get it. (or at least think she has it)!! Here are 11 random facts/stories about K:
1. She is a very hard sleeper, sometimes it's hard to wake her up, but if she hears a soda can open she sits straight up in bed.
2. Once she hid from us at my MIL's house. I was about to call the Police when Daryl found her hiding in Penny's dresses in the closet. She had been hiding for at least 20 minutes.
3. Once when we were in WalMart she was being naughty (I think she was 2ish) and I just put all my stuff on a shelf and told her we had to go home and not buy anything. She knew she was in trouble so the whole way out of the store she screamed, "I want my MOMMY, take me back to my MOMMY!" Scarily enough no one stopped me.
4. She once told her Pediatrician that she hadn't eaten in 3 days and we smoked at our house.
5. My in-laws used to live in a house that had a 5 acre park outside the back fence, once K stripped off her clothes, opened the gate, and ran across the park screaming, "I'm a free spirit". That about sums up her life.
6. Her first day riding the school bus in Kindergarten they dropped her off at the wrong school, and the Principal had to drive her to the correct one. She didn't ride the bus to school after that.
7. In pre-school her friend Andrea decided to play salon and cut K's hair in the back.
8. When she was a baby she had a fringe blanket that she loved to sleep with and a blush brush she loved to play with.
9. She loves little kids and is very good with her younger siblings, however she says she does not want any children of her own...too painful.
10. She's afraid of the dark, she sleeps with about 100 pillows and stuffed animals around her like a fortress.
11. K loves accessorizing her outfits, jewelery, perfume, socks, shoes, handbags, whatever. I don't know where she gets that because I don't do any of those things with the exception of the handbag!
I miss my little girl, but I'm so pleased with the young woman she is becoming. I am excited and VERY nervous about the next few years. I love you K-girl.
Comments
I have to ask what is Cat Scratch disease? I have never heard of it.
Happy Birthday sweet girl - I can't wait to see you again soon.