Cloth Diaperin'
My adventures in cloth diapering continue. Really it's been a great experience for me. I had the little hiccup with making my diapers too small, but other than that it's been fine. I don't remember if I posted about this before (I'm too lazy to look back) but I got a bunch of CD's (cloth diapers) off of Craig's List a few months ago and they have been a huge life saver. What made them even better was they were free! FREE! I love free!
I've been using them and having great success. I think what makes this thing so great for me is the "no stress, no guilt" attitude I'm taking with it. If I'm having a bad day, not feeling well, or just too busy I don't CD, and I don't feel bad about it. I don't CD at night, I figure if the baby is sleeping through the night don't mess with that system! I don't CD if I'm know I'm going to be running around town all day, or on a trip. We buy about 1-2 small bags of diapers a month.
Washing them out hasn't been a huge issue either. I was worried once the poo started becoming more solid (don't you love mom's who blog about their kid's poo!!!???) I would be grossed out but I'm not, it's actually easier to rinse out of the diaper than the breast milk poo. I also have learned to rinse immediately to solve a lot of my problems.
One thing that I've been dealing with is what to do with the wet/soiled diapers when I am away from home. If you just put them in your diaper bag, well let's just say GROSS. I've been using plastic grocery bags, but they don't contain the smell, and they are noisy. So when I'm at church I don't want a grocery bag crinkling around in there. The solution is wet bags, they are made from PUL and a cute fabric on the outside with a zipper closure. I found a great tutorial on line here and was able to whip up 3 in no time flat. I have them for sale in my ETSY store (see side bar for link). No more Wal Mart bags for me!!!
I've been using them and having great success. I think what makes this thing so great for me is the "no stress, no guilt" attitude I'm taking with it. If I'm having a bad day, not feeling well, or just too busy I don't CD, and I don't feel bad about it. I don't CD at night, I figure if the baby is sleeping through the night don't mess with that system! I don't CD if I'm know I'm going to be running around town all day, or on a trip. We buy about 1-2 small bags of diapers a month.
Washing them out hasn't been a huge issue either. I was worried once the poo started becoming more solid (don't you love mom's who blog about their kid's poo!!!???) I would be grossed out but I'm not, it's actually easier to rinse out of the diaper than the breast milk poo. I also have learned to rinse immediately to solve a lot of my problems.
Comments