Easy Peasy, Booby Squeezy

This has been a long last 5 days.
Just a little back information, I've had a lot of breast infections with this baby. We are talking 3-4 a month. They are not only painful, but very debilitating. Typically I run a fever with each one, and cannot function, tending children, or regular house hold chores go out the window. I've tried every remedy in the book, massage, heat packs, hot showers, pumping, feeding the baby more often, even wrapping my breast in cabbage (which actually works like a charm), but the only thing that seems to help for a long period of time is a round of good ol' antibiotics.
So my last infection I went to the Doctor and was telling him all my troubles, and he decides that we should check a few things out "just to be safe". One of those things was to have a mammogram to rule out breast cancer, since I have a huge family history of the dreadful disease. I don't know if I was more afraid of cancer or the mammogram. Luckily I didn't have long to wait they called me on Tuesday and my appointment was set for Thursday. My friend Kim watched my boys for me, and I shook all the way to the Dr's office. To add insult to injury I got another infection the night before my appointment, in BOTH breasts!! So I was afraid for the pain of the mammogram, then afraid for the extra pain of the infection.
Long story short, it was as the title says, easy peasy! I couldn't believe that I got myself all worked up for nothing. It was a little awkward standing in the middle of a room completely topless with a stranger (OK more than a little awkward), but other than that it was quick, painless, and the results were NORMAL!!! (didn't get those until today though). Yeah Me!!!!
Comments
I've had tooooo many mammograms and they have gotten so easy in the last several years.
Glad you made it . . . hopefully they'll find out what's causing so many infections.