I'm not Normal Anymore

It has been an interesting week. When the Bishop of your ward stands up in Sacrament meeting and announces a "special meeting" the next week, inevitably the winds of change are coming.

Well they came today, the winds of change. Thursday Chris was called in and given a calling so I had 3 whole days to prepare myself for said change. This is always a good thing when I can prepare and I don't have things thrust upon me. I'm the type of person who likes to mull things over (and generally stew and fret as long as I can), until my level headed husband jumps in and sooths my fears and concerns. This is how we roll at our house, me fretting, Chris soothing, it's a beautiful relationship. So our Ward boundaries changed at Church, we are no longer in the same Ward we have been in for the last 3 (almost 4) years. I'm excited and nervous about this change because when the boundaries shifted most of my friends remained in our original Ward. I do have friends that moved with me but my hang-out-with-all-the-time, chit-chat-on-the-phone, call-when-I'm-down, set-me-straight-friends are no longer attending Church with me.

When we first moved here we were in 1st Ward. I made several friends in the 3 months we attended and was VERY sad when we could not find a house to buy in that area. We tried for months to find something in their boundaries to no avail. My first few Sunday's in 2nd Ward were spent in my car crying and feeling sorry for myself. Then I realized that I wasn't going to be happy unless I made myself happy. So I threw myself into making friends, attending any activity I could, and generally stepping out of my comfort zone to find friends. Wish granted!! I have met some AWESOME ladies in the last 3 years and have loved every minute in 2nd Ward (except for that one minute, but we won't go there).

I don't know why Heavenly Father has seen fit to put me back where I wanted to be in the first place, but wouldn't have gone back to if I'd been paid, but he has and we'll see what this change will mean for our family. All I know is now I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to keep these wonderful friendships, and frankly they are golden and worth every minute.

Comments

Stacey said…
I will miss seeing your family at church every week and watching "L" grow. I never knew you had spent 3months in the 1st ward. You are a step ahead of everyone else now! You and your husbands relationship sounds a lot like Kyle and I's! Good luck and we will see you very soon!
Midwest Keech said…
Of course we still love you & we'll totally still hang out. You couldn't get rid of me if you tried.
Anonymous said…
I am glad I have a hubby like that for me too! He is more level headed for sure! The pain stings alittle and then well.... you get used to it. It will be fine. We still have HEAVY partiers in the "Normal" ward! ROCK ON!! (Rock Band that is and other crazy GNO's!)
Unknown said…
Think of it this way, it's a boundary shift not a cross country move, everyone is still right where you can find them and you can see them and go out whenever the desire hits. It can ALWAYS be worse. Trust me on this one I know first hand and it ain't pretty.
The Queen Bee said…
Sometimes I'm so focused on who's not going to be there I forget who IS going to be there...Yeah for Mary!!!
The Queen Bee said…
AND Lisa!! See it's getting better and better!!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up