Call DCFS now!

Oh, the drama continues at our house.  This morning was not fun.  I woke up to a snotty, coughing, fussy baby, who by the way was also leaking out of his diaper!  Chris' back was hurting, O's eye was swollen shut (from a bug bite), and I was sporting a migraine.  Needless to say that 9am church call was not happening.

So I decided that I should probably take O to the Dr. since the eye was getting worse, she got bit on Friday, and it was completely swollen shut this morning.  Well I got O and L in the car to head to the Convenient Care, and the other 2 kids piled in as well, oh well what's 2 more?  It was not raining at our house when we left but by the time we got to the Dr.'s office (about 1/4 of a mile away) it was a down pour.  We are talking river in the parking lot, my wipers were ineffective, thunder and lightning  down pour.  My umbrella in my car has still not been replaced, I only think of it when I need it not when I'm at the store buying stuff.  So I dropped the kids off at the front door, drove to the nearest parking spot, and made a run for it.  Three feet from my car my flip flops fell off and were floating away in the river of water in the parking lot, so I grabbed them and ran the rest of the way bare foot.  By the time I got inside I was soaked from head to toe.  I dripped water all over the front desk, and my hair looked like I had just gotten out of the shower.  The funniest part was I had blow dried my hair just before I left the house!  For all of you family members in California this storm was about the same as the one in Missouri when someone we all know and love got out at a cemetery, only she was smarter than me because she HAD an umbrella.

Anyhoo, Dr's appointment over we headed to Wal Mart, hey, my Ox was in a mire, the cat had no food and we had no toilet paper, nuff said!  While we were checking out there was another down pour, this time I got smart and stood by the doors of the store until it passed, I wasn't going to run barefoot in another parking lot, I barely go barefoot in my own house.

By the time I got home I was wet, hungry, and exhausted.  All this had been done before 9am!  I nursed the baby and could barely keep my eyes open.  Lucky for me he could barely keep his eyes open either.  Got him down for a nap, the other kids were in the basement watching a movie, I was thinkin' this was the perfect opportunity for a nap.

Here comes the "Call DCFS" part.  While were were napping K got in the shower and apparently fell and landed on her razor.  She cut her arm (nothing serious) and being the drama queen that she is freaked out because of the blood.  She thought we were asleep ( in actuality Chris was awake watching TV), so she went over to the neighbors house and said, "Help my mom and dad are asleep, and I can't stop the bleeding!"  Talk about making us feel like Parents of the Year.  She made it sound like we were passed out from the night before and she was left alone to fend for herself.  Luckily the neighbor has 3 kids, and knows how dramatic my girls can be.

We have since assured K that it is OK to wake us up when there is an emergency, even though technically it wasn't an emergency.

I get one nap a year and of course some sort of drama must occur.

Comments

Katie and Luke said…
Keep these stories coming! They make me feel pretty darn good! :) hahaha!
Lisa Rains said…
Cute story!
Why didn't you get an umbrella when you were at Wal Mart? ;-)
Mary said…
Oh my gosh!!!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up