I want to start jogging!

I want to start jogging, I really do.  Everyone is doing it, at least a lot of my friends are doing it, at least it's good peer pressure...right?  My biggest problem is trying to find the time to go.  I had my alarm set for 5am this morning since Chris goes to work so early, and I learned two things.  First it is really still very dark at 5am, and second I am full of milk that early in the morning and probably shouldn't run like that for fear of injuring myself, or a passerby!  My other biggest problem is thinking that people will think I look like an idiot.  You've all done it, seen someone running on the sidewalk and mocked how they ran, maybe it's a man and he's running like a girl, or a woman who clearly needs a better sports bra.  I just know that someone driving by is going to be thinking something like, look at how weirdly that lady jogs (if you can call it that), sweating like a pig, and peeing her pants!

I know get over it and get out there!  Anyone else willing to come with and humiliate themselves?

Comments

AndieF said…
By 5:15 it is light enough to run without stumbling around in the dark.

Uh, on the milk thing, can you do a quick pump to make it bearable?

And on looking like an idiot, I'm sorry, but I totally take that award. I'm MUCH heavier than you are, and probably much slower. But the other benefit to being out that early is that there really aren't that many people around, especially if you go on side streets. But yea, mostly you just have to get over it and just do it.

I'm doing a 5K next month, but I'm doing another one in October with Kathy. If you start now, you could do it with us!
Stacey said…
I just admire anyone that is out exercising and never judge...people are bad if they judge! If I lived close I would go with you :)
Anonymous said…
Ya, so NOW you start to jog! After I have left! I see how you are! No really I think it is awesome...of course!
This week is the start of me running in the early am. It was fantastic. Of course, now I don't have the humidity. Sorry, don't hate!
A thing about the bra.... I wear 2 sports bras. Is that crazy?! It may be just me but I feel more secure. I feel like at least people aren't looking at how I need a better sports bra, they are just now looking at how slow I am wogging! I just got over that quick! No one matters! At least you are out doing something! So there!

Yay for you! I was telling Kathy and Andrea that maybe when I come back for a visit a bunch of us could do a 5K together! That would rock!

Good for you on doing this! YAY!!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up