We are officially Illinoisans!!

WHEW What a busy weekend!

This weekend was Chris' birthday.  He turned 29 on Sunday... (I also have some ocean front property in Arizona I'm willing to sell CHEAP!).  My husband is one that loves a good party, I however am not a birthday party kinda girl.  I love attending parties, just not really into hostessing them.  Well this year I decided if he wants a party then he gets a party.

Sunday was spent opening gifts, napping (for Chris), and eating yummy BBQ.  I know making him cook on his own birthday does not sound like a very nice thing to do but really he chose the menu, so when he said BBQ he knew he was going to have to prepare it himself, and let me tell you it was WELL worth it.  We had BBQ Burritos, I know that sound funny but trust me on this one!  They were delish!  Our friends came down from 'up north' and spent the night with us.  It was nice to see them and let the kids play.

Yesterday we spent the morning shopping.  We left all the kids (except L) with K and hit Sam's and Wally World, then we came home and prepared for the party.  I made 4 batches of pizza dough for our BBQ Pizza's, and everyone brought their favorite topping.  The kids just wanted pepperoni, and cheese (I know sophisticated pallets) but us big kids had olives, chicken, onions, sausage, mushrooms, tomato, pineapple, and peppers to choose from.  The pizza's were also delish of course!

After lunch we played a game of Corn Hole... we are now officially Illinoisans!  That game is REALLY popular here.  You see people playing in their yards all the time.  It's funny to drive by and see grown men throwing bean bags into a hole, but surprisingly it was really fun and really hard!  Tam and Michael bought us  a nice Corn Hole game from Sam's and it was enjoyed by kids and adults alike.

Next was the piece de resistance, Minute to Win it!  If you haven't seen this TV show you should.  It's great!  People have to do challenges to win a million dollars.  Each challenge is made from things you would normally find around your house, and have to be accomplished in one minute.  I chose 3 challenges that I thought would be good for all ages and we all had a blast competing against each other.  

We played Johnny Apple Stack, Nut Stacker, and Suck it Up!  The kids, even the little ones did surprisingly well.

All in all it was a great weekend, I'm exhausted, but will post recipes for BBQ Pizza, and BBQ Burritos later tonight.  Just a side note, even though we play Corn Hole, we still call it a BBQ!!!

Comments

Normal Mom said…
Sounds fun! When we first moved here and saw the Corn Hole game, it was over at ISU and I just figured it was some Fraternity/Sorority drinking game. Little did I know...
Glad you had fun and Chris had a happy birthday!
Whacky Wheelers said…
Rub it in!!! Dang it!! Why is Connor in a white shirt and tie?!?!
Tam said…
we aren't going to be too far behind you - after playing all day yesterday michael wants one for our yard.

thank you so much for letting us come down and share in chris' birthday - we had a blast. when do you want to do it again!!!
The Queen Bee said…
UH, H-E-L-L-O Julie...he's a Secret Agent, can't you tell?
Whacky Wheelers said…
It's the drugs!! What can I say????
Anonymous said…
I LOVE Corn Hole! Here we thought we were being all cool and all bringing one from Ohio. Then we see them all over and we have been Illinoisans for years! I love that game! Can't wait to bring it out here in Utah! We love Minute to Win It!! That is a great idea.... must copy! Sounds like he had a great day!
Midwest Keech said…
I know he was a secret agent, but I thought he was trying to "Woo" Amelia too?

We had a great time too. Of course, we always love hanging out with you guys.
Mary said…
How fun!!! I, too, thought that it was the silly ISU students. The only time we have played was at a music festival in Chicago -- once again drunk youth. I thought it was a requirement. Yes, the recipes sound great, although we never grill, will they not work now?

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up