4th of July and Fireflies
I know I haven't posted about the 4th of July yet. It's been a crazy weekend and I only got one day off so blogging has not been on the agenda. I am making up for that today!
On Saturday morning I woke up early, thanks to L, and headed to the grocery store and got breakfast for my family. I came home we were quickly devouring our donuts and realized that we had missed the Ward party! It had started 10 minutes ago, and we were still in PJ's. I was so bummed, I had been looking forward to this party for weeks, I heard that it was a great success, and the food was delish, and the run was fun. Maybe someday my memory will come back and I'll be able to do all the things I want to, who am I kidding, it's all down hill from here!
We did redeem ourselves on Saturday night though with a Firefly Party. At first we were just going to
have a couple of families over for the party, but I ended up posting it on Facebook to see if anyone else would like to come, because the more the merrier, right? Three families came and we had a blast. Our first, hopefully annual, Firefly Party consisted of smores' over the fire pit, potluck snacks, Corn Hole, lots of kids running around the yard, and a firefly catching contest. We bought all the kids glow necklaces, and they all brought jars to catch their bugs in. One family had the best technique apparently because two of their kids won the prizes. The best haul was 10 fireflies!! We hope to beat that record next year, it was so fun we are definitely doing that again!
The 4th was very laid back. We attended church, I was bummed because when they sang the Nation Anthem in Sacrament meeting I was in the mother's lounge alone with the baby. I love singing our Nation's Anthem with a big crowd of people standing and singing proudly. I always cry, I'm such a big sap!
After church we came home and picked up our friend Bryan from the airport, he had dinner with us (BBQ of course), and after he left Michael Woolsey came to spend the rest of the weekend with us. At 8 we headed over to the park for fireworks, this is the first year since we've lived here that we have gone to see a firework display. I think it will be a tradition. The weather was great, the kids were excited and we only had a few mosquito bites. My camera didn't take very good pictures so sadly there aren't any to share.
Monday I had to work in the afternoon, so Chris took Michael and the kids swimming at the park. After work Chris came and picked me up and we went to the park again for a picnic dinner and potluck with a bunch of friends. AGAIN the weather was not too bad, and we had a blast hanging out with everyone. All in all a great weekend.
On Saturday morning I woke up early, thanks to L, and headed to the grocery store and got breakfast for my family. I came home we were quickly devouring our donuts and realized that we had missed the Ward party! It had started 10 minutes ago, and we were still in PJ's. I was so bummed, I had been looking forward to this party for weeks, I heard that it was a great success, and the food was delish, and the run was fun. Maybe someday my memory will come back and I'll be able to do all the things I want to, who am I kidding, it's all down hill from here!
We did redeem ourselves on Saturday night though with a Firefly Party. At first we were just going to
have a couple of families over for the party, but I ended up posting it on Facebook to see if anyone else would like to come, because the more the merrier, right? Three families came and we had a blast. Our first, hopefully annual, Firefly Party consisted of smores' over the fire pit, potluck snacks, Corn Hole, lots of kids running around the yard, and a firefly catching contest. We bought all the kids glow necklaces, and they all brought jars to catch their bugs in. One family had the best technique apparently because two of their kids won the prizes. The best haul was 10 fireflies!! We hope to beat that record next year, it was so fun we are definitely doing that again!
The 4th was very laid back. We attended church, I was bummed because when they sang the Nation Anthem in Sacrament meeting I was in the mother's lounge alone with the baby. I love singing our Nation's Anthem with a big crowd of people standing and singing proudly. I always cry, I'm such a big sap!
After church we came home and picked up our friend Bryan from the airport, he had dinner with us (BBQ of course), and after he left Michael Woolsey came to spend the rest of the weekend with us. At 8 we headed over to the park for fireworks, this is the first year since we've lived here that we have gone to see a firework display. I think it will be a tradition. The weather was great, the kids were excited and we only had a few mosquito bites. My camera didn't take very good pictures so sadly there aren't any to share.
Monday I had to work in the afternoon, so Chris took Michael and the kids swimming at the park. After work Chris came and picked me up and we went to the park again for a picnic dinner and potluck with a bunch of friends. AGAIN the weather was not too bad, and we had a blast hanging out with everyone. All in all a great weekend.
Comments