All About The Boy

I have been to Wal Mart twice in the last two days and this is how C has dressed himself:


Seriously he went out like that yesterday, today he had on flip flops, and a Superman shirt with his bandanna and hat.  He cracks me up.  He was also holding his hand in his pocket like it was a gun and he was shooting at people things in the store.

He constantly is in character he's never quiet, he's never still, if he's still he's asleep.

C loves playing a part and can do sound effects as well as that guy on those Police Academy movies.

He can't get by a day without a weapon of sorts on his hip/belt.

Even though he's almost 6 he sleeps through most Sacrament Meetings, and we have to wake him up for Primary, but hasn't napped during the weekdays in 4 years.

Unlike most boys he loves to bathe and be groomed, he brings me his hair products to style his hair and loves to have his nails trimmed.

When we first moved to Illinois and I was potty training him he was convinced the only place he could pee was in a mud puddle we had in our backyard.  He would wait until it stopped raining some days just to be able to use the puddle.

He loves art, surprisingly enough he will sit for an hour and draw/color/sculpt clay/paint.

He is the happiest when he is helping Chris "fix" something, be it plumbing, sawing, BBQing etc.

Thankfully he LOVES his little brother.  He will spend time playing with him in their room, he makes sure he doesn't have anything in his mouth.  If L does pop a Lego or Lincoln Log in his mouth you will hear, "L ALERT, L ALERT" and that's my que to step in.

C is VERY tender, I can be mad at him one minute and yelling, then his eye brows get red and his eyes start filling with tears and I'm a puddle on the floor apologizing for whatever it is I punished him for.  (I'm in big trouble)

He has a laugh that you cannot ignore.  It's full, and comes straight from his gut and will make you laugh too.

I love this little guy and will miss him when he goes to school, but at the same time I'm excited for him and ready for this new stage in our lives.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ahhhhhh! He is such a little sweetie! Not his replacement in any stretch but glad you have another adorable boy to keep you company when he goes. I know you will miss him so though!! I LOVE that he is the way he is. I LOVE the fact that you let him out like that! I used to worry but that faded fast. It's just too cute to know you are walking the mall with Superman, Darth Vader, One of the dancing pricesses etc! :-) One day we will miss these days so might as well ENJOY it!!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up