Busy Weekend

This has been a really busy weekend.  It is actually the first weekend in a long time that I have not had to work Friday and Saturday.  I don't mind working those days it's just that I don't get to spend my time with Chris and we really needed a date night.  So Friday we got a sitter, and went to the movies and dinner.  It was great to spend time together and not have the kids constantly interrupting us.  We saw "Inception", Chris thought it was fabulous, I just thought it was OK.  If we are rating the movie on special effects I'd give it a thumbs up, but on plot it was lacking, or maybe it was too much.  I had a hard time following it and I HATE when a movie ends and feels unfinished.  I like my plots wrapped in a tidy package with a bow at the end where everyone lives happily ever after.

Saturday was spent getting ready for my backpack sewing night with the ladies.  We had a great time sewing, chatting, and eating.  We got about 5 pack finished, and 10 others in different degrees of finished.  Today I was able to finish those up and make about 5-6 more.  My friends also came through and brought lots of school supplies.

L is having a hard time lately.  The boy is trying to walk and just does not have the coordination yet to do so.  He slipped off my bed the other day and landed on my nightstand and got a bloody nose.  I felt so bad for him.  He also fell and hit his head while the sitter was here and then proceeded to cry for 2 hours.  Friday night before the sitter came he was in the bathroom in his walker and pulled down my flat iron and burned his fingers, they are blistered and yucky.  Today he took a nose dive off the couch and fell right into the diaper basket.  "Where was his mother" you ask?  Right there watching it every time!  He's just too fast for me.  If he makes it to 2 it will be a miracle.



I also ordered some Aplix last week.  That is a special kind of Velcro that you can use to make cloth diapers.  I made this diaper with it and it's great.  I made an AIO (all in one) diaper and he's only worn it once but it worked fine.  I may need to add an extra soaker if he wears it at night but I even figured out gussets!


Next time I'll make it bigger too, he's such a chunk that it's hard to fit a diaper to him.  He was also too wiggly to get a good picture.

Well that's enough rambling tonight.  The kids are having a camp out in the backyard so I'd better get going and see if anyone has to pee for the last time!

Comments

Stacey said…
We saw Inception last night as well and I agree with you. Kyle liked it too...must definitely be a "man" movie. From the reveiws I thought I would like it. It was just too much...too layered and too much shooting, chasing, etc...the end was predictable. I thought when they were in the snow that the movie would NEVER end. Poor "L"...I remember Beckett at that stage. I am praying that yours will be better than mine!
Katie and Luke said…
Scout fell off the changing table last week on to the hard wood floor. I won't state who was watching her at the time---but I was at work.
Poor Luke...I felt bad when I called the house and asked where he was...and he had to tell me at the doctor. She was ok, but thats scary.
L looks like his mamaaaaaaaaaa! Cute boy. Love the big eyes.
Anonymous said…
I remember when I found out about Aplix! Good stuff! I would have done snaps but again the whole point was to SAVE money so I didn't buy a fancy snap press. Gussets are AWESOME! Sorry the lil guy got hurt!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up