My definition of cool

My definition of cool is probably different from everyone else's.  I wasn't considered "cool" in school, and probably am not considered very "cool" now.  Frankly speaking I've never really cared.  Maybe a little in school, but as I get older my self esteem has gotten a lot better and I really (for the most part) don't care what others think of me.  I mean I want them to think I am nice and a kind person, and not some horrible witch, but I don't care what they think of me on the outside.

Recently I've taken to not wearing makeup...my mother would be shocked.  I started wearing makeup the first day of 7th grade.  I was never one to wear tons of makeup but I made sure I had blush eyeshadow, and mascara.  There was a time in my life when I would wake up 2 hours early for SEMINARY (yes ladies that's at least 5:00am our seminary started at 7) just so I could do my hair and put on makeup.  I would not go to the store with out hair and makeup being done, I would NOT even consider going to school without them.  Now I realize how stupid that was because back then I had great skin and now, well let's face it age and sun and kids have ruined that for me.  So now I rarely put on all my makeup.  Mostly I just use a little powder and some blush, if that.  I do wear the "full mask" on Sunday's and when I work or if I'm going out.  I realized that it doesn't matter how thick you apply it here in the good ol' sticky Midwest, it just melts off anyway, so I save myself a few bucks and just don't apply!

My clothes have always been things of comfort.  I sometimes try and dress trendy, but quickly learn that it is often expensive and not as comfy as I'd like.  Just give me a pair of jeans and a cute t-shirt and I'm good.  I don't need belts, and jewelery, and layers, and hair doodads.

This post started out as one thing and now has morphed into something all together different...where was I...oh yeah cool.  Well I'm not cool, but my brother is.  Seriously cool.  He was cool in school, he's cool now that he's older, he even has a cool wife.  I'm sure people who knew us in school wondered why Bryan had such an uncool sister!

Anyhoo I miss by bro so much since we moved.  I love when we get together, he tells the best stories and I just find myself sitting back and thinking, "He's so COOL"!!

Now for the point.  I follow lots of blogs, we are talking LOTS, most of them are friends blogs, and the rest are crafting blogs.  I do however follow two that are not crafty, or cute, or have any tutorials whatsoever on how to do anything with my Cricut.  One is what we call in our house "Anti-Pickle" He's a family member of a friends, I've never met him, but think some of his stuff is crazy funny!  I don't know if he means it to be so funny or not, it just makes me crack up!  The other I now follow is Thebenchmarkgearhead  he just started it yesterday (my brother Bryan) but if he keeps it up it's sure to be hilarious and full of great car stuff, if you are into that, which I am not but hey it's my bro and it's funny!

So click on by and maybe your hubby's are into that kind of stuff.  Maybe in the future I could get him to do a post about ModPodge and cars...OR I could see if he'd let me advertise my purses on there???!!!

Comments

THEBENCHMARK said…
I'm not cool. That is why I started a blog. Cool people have no time for blogs they are too busy trying to impress people and checking themselves out in mirrors.

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up