Ungrateful
This week I have been feeling very ungrateful. Last night a man came into the store where I work to return some needles and thread. He had just turned 89 last week and was trying to repair an old quilt on his bed that had come undone. This man had never sewn a stitch in his life, and didn't even get past threading the needle, he couldn't see the eye. He went down the hall in his retirement home and asked some of the "old ladies" in the next room to help him, according to him he's the youngest person there, but they couldn't thread the needle either. So he decided that he wasn't a seamstress and returned the notions. He just lost his wife 6 months ago, until the day she died she had "eyes like an owl" and could fix anything with a needle and a thread, he really misses her.
Today I am grateful.
Today I am grateful.
Comments