Anger Management
I'm going to type this post while I am still angry enough for the feeling to come out of the computer screen and slap you in the face so you can be angry with me too!!!!!!!!!
Didn't I JUST get done writing a post about how ridiculous it is buying supplies for our kids for school? WELL, the fun continues. Tonight I went to orientation and was sitting there listening to the teachers talk about homework and peer pressure, and lockers, and all the things that come with middle school. THEN I was blindsided by the P.E. teacher (yes, she looked just like Ms. Finch my High School Gym teacher that had a window in her office over looking the girls locker room and covering that window was a picture of Morris the Cat and the eyes were cut out...VERY SUSPICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!) anyhoo...BLINDSIDED, by her when she told all of us parents how excited they were to have pulse monitors for the students this year that cost $200 each..................that is TWO HUNDRED AMERICAN DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!! EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I was the only parent there that wanted to rip her throat out. I was impressed that none of us stormed the stage and raged in protest.
Save the $200 pulse monitor and don't make me buy school supplies or pay a "book rental fee" (oh, and all the books are online this year so what the H-E-!-! are they using my $$$ for anyway??????????????) I didn't have a pulse monitor in school and I didn't even have a heart attack!
p.s. sorry for the all caps, and exclamation points, and other excessive punctuation but you really need to be pi$$ed with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't I JUST get done writing a post about how ridiculous it is buying supplies for our kids for school? WELL, the fun continues. Tonight I went to orientation and was sitting there listening to the teachers talk about homework and peer pressure, and lockers, and all the things that come with middle school. THEN I was blindsided by the P.E. teacher (yes, she looked just like Ms. Finch my High School Gym teacher that had a window in her office over looking the girls locker room and covering that window was a picture of Morris the Cat and the eyes were cut out...VERY SUSPICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!) anyhoo...BLINDSIDED, by her when she told all of us parents how excited they were to have pulse monitors for the students this year that cost $200 each..................that is TWO HUNDRED AMERICAN DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!! EACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I was the only parent there that wanted to rip her throat out. I was impressed that none of us stormed the stage and raged in protest.
Save the $200 pulse monitor and don't make me buy school supplies or pay a "book rental fee" (oh, and all the books are online this year so what the H-E-!-! are they using my $$$ for anyway??????????????) I didn't have a pulse monitor in school and I didn't even have a heart attack!
p.s. sorry for the all caps, and exclamation points, and other excessive punctuation but you really need to be pi$$ed with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments
It's frustrating, but as a former teacher, I can tell you that they are truly grateful for all parents do to provide the things they need to enhance the opportunities for the kids.
Don't forget to breathe, we may need to get you a pulse monitor. I'll take up a collection. :)
The other thing that stinks is that I have all these opinions and views and the only people who will ever hear it are the poor souls that read my blog! I guess it's cheaper than therapy.
I've calmed down now. Stood on my "blog-box" and had some chocolate, all is right with the world!!!
I think you need to have a Bake Sale to help these kids pay for their monitors. I mean . . . what do you do if you don't have the money?!!!
I KNOW what you are saying: even if it's grant money, what kid NEEDS a heart rate monitor? The powers that be tell teachers and the general public that technology will make everything better. That money COULD be spent on books. Paper. Pencils. Shoot, it could buy a complete shorts, shirt, sports bra, socks and sneakers for PE.
Sounds like it's out of control. Maybe you should have a parent meeting, get all your thoughts together, and then attend the next school board meeting with an itemized list of supplies, costs, etc. You can get a copy of the school's budget (at least you can in CA- I believe I saw that online- it was a few years old, but still fairly current.) Make a standing with the board if the principal/superintendent is not sympathetic to your cause. You should have to buy some pencils and a binder/paper. You should not be buying your teacher's classroom.