Employer Termination
Employer Termination is the term we are using to describe my recent unemployment status. I don't feel like I quit per say I feel like I worked my butt off for them, gave it a good 2 year run and then decided (albeit abruptly) that they were just not working out for me! So here's the scoop for anyone who cares...
I went to work on Friday because when I was there last and the schedule was posted that was my next day to work my regular 3-7 shift. I put my things away I got out my calendar to check my schedule for the next week and just happened to glance at that days schedule and noticed that my name was not on it...WHAT, last time I was there it was. (this happens all of the time by the way, to all of the employees) That means that last week I worked 0 hours, zero, nada, none! She had hired 2 new people the week before and they each had 3 days, I had NONE! I now know what it means to be so angry that you see red, I think I actually saw a shade of red that doesn't exist until you are really mad and then you see it and only if you've ever been this mad do you know what I am talking about! So I picked up all my things and marched right out without talking to anyone. I know the manager saw me because the look on her face told it all, and I knew she knew I was mad because when you see that kind of red I'm pretty sure your skin actually becomes red too letting everyone within a 5 mile radius know that you are REALLY mad!
I was all decked out in my Hancock's uniform and so I marched myself right over to Joann's and applied for a job. I don't know if it will pan out, I don't know if they thought I was crazy, but we'll see. I got home and discussed it with my hubs and he advised that I don't go back to my previous employer EVER. I was just going to never show up again and send my apron and things to them in the mail, when a dear friend of mine reminded me so lovingly that I am not that kind of person. Besides what was I going to do if on Monday when I didn't show up my supervisor who I love dearly calls me and not the evil store manager? Then I would feel like a TOTAL a$$ and probably would have ended up going in. So I called them yesterday and informed them I wouldn't be back and that gave them plenty of time to find someone to work. I still have not heard from the manager (who had the day off on Sunday). I figure that she knows exactly why I let them go and really doesn't want to hear my wrath. Maybe I should send her a link to this blog and she can just read it!!
I'm really sad about this too at the same time. I loved helping people with their sewing projects. I would go to work and I was a wealth of sewing information. People listened to me and took my advice and were really grateful for my knowledge. I was appreciated and got paid to clean!
I know I am also appreciated at home too because my hubs had been very happy the last few days, and you should have seen the little happy jig/dance that the kids did when I told them I didn't have a job. And that is all the payment I need.
I went to work on Friday because when I was there last and the schedule was posted that was my next day to work my regular 3-7 shift. I put my things away I got out my calendar to check my schedule for the next week and just happened to glance at that days schedule and noticed that my name was not on it...WHAT, last time I was there it was. (this happens all of the time by the way, to all of the employees) That means that last week I worked 0 hours, zero, nada, none! She had hired 2 new people the week before and they each had 3 days, I had NONE! I now know what it means to be so angry that you see red, I think I actually saw a shade of red that doesn't exist until you are really mad and then you see it and only if you've ever been this mad do you know what I am talking about! So I picked up all my things and marched right out without talking to anyone. I know the manager saw me because the look on her face told it all, and I knew she knew I was mad because when you see that kind of red I'm pretty sure your skin actually becomes red too letting everyone within a 5 mile radius know that you are REALLY mad!
I was all decked out in my Hancock's uniform and so I marched myself right over to Joann's and applied for a job. I don't know if it will pan out, I don't know if they thought I was crazy, but we'll see. I got home and discussed it with my hubs and he advised that I don't go back to my previous employer EVER. I was just going to never show up again and send my apron and things to them in the mail, when a dear friend of mine reminded me so lovingly that I am not that kind of person. Besides what was I going to do if on Monday when I didn't show up my supervisor who I love dearly calls me and not the evil store manager? Then I would feel like a TOTAL a$$ and probably would have ended up going in. So I called them yesterday and informed them I wouldn't be back and that gave them plenty of time to find someone to work. I still have not heard from the manager (who had the day off on Sunday). I figure that she knows exactly why I let them go and really doesn't want to hear my wrath. Maybe I should send her a link to this blog and she can just read it!!
I'm really sad about this too at the same time. I loved helping people with their sewing projects. I would go to work and I was a wealth of sewing information. People listened to me and took my advice and were really grateful for my knowledge. I was appreciated and got paid to clean!
I know I am also appreciated at home too because my hubs had been very happy the last few days, and you should have seen the little happy jig/dance that the kids did when I told them I didn't have a job. And that is all the payment I need.
Comments