Exciting times
Here are a few "exciting" things happening around our house the last few weeks:
In L's life, he is walking very well! He finally realized that he can get places better if he just lets go and doesn't use the furniture for support. He also can say, mama, dada, what's that, K's name, shake his head yes and no (in context) wave goodbye, and blow kisses, at least that is what we interpret all these things to be!
In Kindergarten they are "growing" butterflies, someone "bomited" aka VOMITED in the classroom (on the new carpet too...who puts carpet in an elementary school?), another kid lost his tooth, and by lost they mean LOST it's gone, somewhere in the classroom is a kids tooth floating around! Oh, and C got locked in the bathroom stall and had to crawl underneath the door! Man what I wouldn't give for that kind of excitement! He's so cute because he's REALLY excited when he comes home and tells me these stories.
In 2nd grade...Well not much going on in 2nd grade but O is getting baptized this Sunday at 6:00 at the church on Hovey! We are so proud of her and her decision to be baptized. She is also loving the fact that she can go to activity days now and be a big girl. Every night she reads before she goes to bed and has not ONCE given me a hard time in the morning this year! I hope I can finally say that my little girl is growing up. She is also very thoughtful and thinks of others all the time. She is very compassionate and caring and I don't know where she gets that at all!
In 6th grade...well at this point I don't know much about what's going on cuz at her age they are very tight lipped! I do have to say that my girl is getting more mature every day. She tried out for a singing group called the "Treble Makers" and although she did not make the cut she had to sing The Star Spangled Banner acapella (I don't know if I spelled that right), by herself in front of the teacher and other students. I was SOOOO impressed that she had the nerve to do that it was amazing! K has also been practicing her babysitting skills at home and on some neighbor kids, she's very responsible and also kind. She is also very worried right now that some people have gotten the impression that she is "goth", could it be the vampire attire, or all the black accessories???!!!
In the life of the "Farmer" he's been slowly getting better with his back. Last week he had spinal epidural injections and they are slowly doing their job. It will be a long road back to normal but hopefully he will get there eventually. We've gotten Netflix in the last couple months so he and the kids are enjoying watching Dr. Who in the evenings together. He also enjoys teaching the Young Men at church. He's getting a new supervisor at work (that always makes me nervous after the Andre incident) but it might turn out to be a good change.
In the life of the Momma, well I put up new curtains in my living room last night! I made the rod myself, and they look great! No more early 1990's vertical blinds for me!!! I also got a new curtain rod for the sliding glass door, no more paper clip hooks for me! I'm also still getting ready for my first race on Saturday, and my parents are coming to visit! I got an after school baby sitting gig that is going to pay about the same as Hancock's did! That's pretty much it for me, just trying to keep up and also try and get ready for Christmas! YIKES!
So that's it in a nutshell! Don't be too jealous of our glamorous lives!
In L's life, he is walking very well! He finally realized that he can get places better if he just lets go and doesn't use the furniture for support. He also can say, mama, dada, what's that, K's name, shake his head yes and no (in context) wave goodbye, and blow kisses, at least that is what we interpret all these things to be!
In Kindergarten they are "growing" butterflies, someone "bomited" aka VOMITED in the classroom (on the new carpet too...who puts carpet in an elementary school?), another kid lost his tooth, and by lost they mean LOST it's gone, somewhere in the classroom is a kids tooth floating around! Oh, and C got locked in the bathroom stall and had to crawl underneath the door! Man what I wouldn't give for that kind of excitement! He's so cute because he's REALLY excited when he comes home and tells me these stories.
In 2nd grade...Well not much going on in 2nd grade but O is getting baptized this Sunday at 6:00 at the church on Hovey! We are so proud of her and her decision to be baptized. She is also loving the fact that she can go to activity days now and be a big girl. Every night she reads before she goes to bed and has not ONCE given me a hard time in the morning this year! I hope I can finally say that my little girl is growing up. She is also very thoughtful and thinks of others all the time. She is very compassionate and caring and I don't know where she gets that at all!
In 6th grade...well at this point I don't know much about what's going on cuz at her age they are very tight lipped! I do have to say that my girl is getting more mature every day. She tried out for a singing group called the "Treble Makers" and although she did not make the cut she had to sing The Star Spangled Banner acapella (I don't know if I spelled that right), by herself in front of the teacher and other students. I was SOOOO impressed that she had the nerve to do that it was amazing! K has also been practicing her babysitting skills at home and on some neighbor kids, she's very responsible and also kind. She is also very worried right now that some people have gotten the impression that she is "goth", could it be the vampire attire, or all the black accessories???!!!
In the life of the "Farmer" he's been slowly getting better with his back. Last week he had spinal epidural injections and they are slowly doing their job. It will be a long road back to normal but hopefully he will get there eventually. We've gotten Netflix in the last couple months so he and the kids are enjoying watching Dr. Who in the evenings together. He also enjoys teaching the Young Men at church. He's getting a new supervisor at work (that always makes me nervous after the Andre incident) but it might turn out to be a good change.
In the life of the Momma, well I put up new curtains in my living room last night! I made the rod myself, and they look great! No more early 1990's vertical blinds for me!!! I also got a new curtain rod for the sliding glass door, no more paper clip hooks for me! I'm also still getting ready for my first race on Saturday, and my parents are coming to visit! I got an after school baby sitting gig that is going to pay about the same as Hancock's did! That's pretty much it for me, just trying to keep up and also try and get ready for Christmas! YIKES!
So that's it in a nutshell! Don't be too jealous of our glamorous lives!
Comments