It's all very hush, hush!

It's not a secret that I've been jogging.  I try and refer to it a lot during conversation because I still can't believe that I've stuck with it for 3 whole weeks.  Yes, 3 weeks is a HUGE deal for me. Really I don't refer to it in conversation but I want to!

So a couple of weeks ago my friend who shall remain nameless Alissa talked me into signing up for the State Farm United Way 5K on the 25th.  It took some really talking to get me to sign myself up, and even then I wasn't convinced that I could actually do it.  Well I've been working my way up S-L-O-W-L-Y and tonight we went over to SF park to see the 5K route and see if we could get through some of it.  Well long story short I got through ALL of it.  I didn't run the whole time but I was able to run a big chunk and finished at about 48 minutes.  I am so excited!!!  I know that time may seem long to some but for me it is a big accomplishment.

I haven't told a single solitary soul about this race, not my mother, not my BFF's, not even my Facebook friends!!!  I've been so nervous thinking that I would not be ready and maybe even drop dead from exhaustion in the middle but now I know I can do it and it's just a matter of competing against my own time.  I'm so excited about the race next Saturday and can't wait for my kids to see me accomplish this goal.  Now I just need a really cute sparkly T-shirt that says, "Eat my dust" or something catchy like that!

Comments

Anonymous said…
YOU ROCK!!!! I think it is awesome that you are doing this! Of course though I love running even if I feel like I run like a snail. My last 5K race I finished @ 48 min. I walked about a 1/4 of it. I am still getting used to the altitude. But now instead of me being the inspiration, my hubby is inspiring me to get on the wagon again. So......now that you let the cat out of the bag, I have a question for you. There is a Ragnar Relay next June in Chicago. I was thinking how cool it would be if anyone who wants to do it join my team and we make a girls weekend out of it. Is that too much to think of right now? I can't even do a 5K really the whole way yet...although I did in Illinois before I left. My next goal is a 10K, then off to Ragnar.So...... think about it, I think it would be super awesome!!
Normal Mom said…
OH MY GOSH! YOU GO!!!! That is fantastic. I'm so excited for you! What a great feeling it must be to accomplish a goal! Good luck!
Karrie said…
I'm excited for you! I'll be cheering you on from California. How exciting. One of the great things about running is that you can compete against yourself, and not worry about any body else! Here's to knocking five minutes off you time on race day! (adrenaline will certainly help that!)
Go Syndy, go!
Midwest Keech said…
I say...BREAK OUT THE BE-DAZZLER!!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up