Little Man in da House!
I've been dreading this day for a few months now, giving L is first haircut, not because I would have to give it and I hate giving haircuts but because this means that he would not look like a baby with his baby hair anymore.
So tonight Chris held him down, K bribed him with candy, O took pictures, and C just went and played in the other room, while I tried my best to give this squirmy, wiggly, screaming, little man a haircut. We did it and he looks great! I can see every mistake I made and I know once he settles down a bit the cuts will get easier and easier. C didn't have his first hair cut until he was about 2 1/2 cuz he was flat BALD, so this is a new experience having a boy with hair to spare. So here are the before, during and after pics:
When we were growing up we had a West Highland Terrier named Peggy Sue. We would take her to be groomed every so often and when she came home she would at first be shy and act offended that we even had the audacity to cut her hair, but after a while she started feeling pretty good about herself and running all over the house and acting really giddy. Well L tonight was giddy after his cut. It was like he knew something special had taken place, maybe it was the 10 lbs of hair being gone from his head, or maybe it was the stick of candy we gave him from Cracker Barrel, either way it was hilarious. He would start laughing at nothing and then throw his head back and just laugh hysterically. It was so funny. Yes, I did just compare my 1 year old to a West Highland Terrier, but she was cute and we loved her a lot!
So tonight Chris held him down, K bribed him with candy, O took pictures, and C just went and played in the other room, while I tried my best to give this squirmy, wiggly, screaming, little man a haircut. We did it and he looks great! I can see every mistake I made and I know once he settles down a bit the cuts will get easier and easier. C didn't have his first hair cut until he was about 2 1/2 cuz he was flat BALD, so this is a new experience having a boy with hair to spare. So here are the before, during and after pics:
When we were growing up we had a West Highland Terrier named Peggy Sue. We would take her to be groomed every so often and when she came home she would at first be shy and act offended that we even had the audacity to cut her hair, but after a while she started feeling pretty good about herself and running all over the house and acting really giddy. Well L tonight was giddy after his cut. It was like he knew something special had taken place, maybe it was the 10 lbs of hair being gone from his head, or maybe it was the stick of candy we gave him from Cracker Barrel, either way it was hilarious. He would start laughing at nothing and then throw his head back and just laugh hysterically. It was so funny. Yes, I did just compare my 1 year old to a West Highland Terrier, but she was cute and we loved her a lot!
Comments