HALLOWEEN!

Oh, my goodness!  I've learned that Halloween in a very interesting holiday for my kids.  They spend all year deciding what they want to be and then the first time they dress up for that year it is usually their original plan, the 2nd time it is usually something close to their original costume minus a piece or two because they have lost a part of it.  The 3rd time they dress up it is usually something COMPLETELY different than their original costume!  I've learned to embrace it and go with the flow.  My Halloween posts usually have a lot of pictures because I want to get pictures of all of their costumes.  Well here are a few more of this years...

O is a "lazy witch"...NO, not literally, this is what she called her costume.
C in his vampire costume.  He is going to be sporting those blood drips for a while!  They won't come off.

Here is me trying to be "Goth" and depressed!  Surprisingly the pink wig made me feel happy, and giddy!  People at church during our Trunk-or-Treat didn't recognize me until I spoke.  It was soooo fun dressing up.
Here's L with a clown wig on.  It wasn't his costume but I thought he looked fabulous!
Here's all the kiddos together.  I'm afraid that L will have to be Superman FOREVER because of his name.


Superman!

His first house that I let him out of the stroller!



One house is all it took.  He has a Tootsie Roll and he was happy!  We strapped him back in and he rode the rest of the way happy!  I think he ate half the wrapper though...oh well, it will all come out!

Here is a little look into my hubby's mind...yes he has separated the candy and all the chocolate goes in one bowl and the non-chocolate goes in another!

We had a great year.  Being that Halloween was on Sunday there was some question (from other people) as to whether we were going to let our kids go Trick-or-Treating.  Well we decided that it was an activity that we could do as a family, we were visiting with friends, and getting out into our community.  In our house it was a great way to spend a Sunday.

Comments

Normal Mom said…
The baby Superman is adorable! I like the separation of the chocolate from the non, good idea.
We are never out too late any year, so we went out this year too. We love getting out to see our neighbors.
corn fed girl said…
I LOVE your Goth look...so pissy!
I am with you about all the fuss about Halloween on a Sunday. Besides Christmas, it is really the only time of year we really visit our neighbors houses, other than the conversations we have in our yards. My kids had a great time, and we have our family traditions, afterall isn't that what it is all about? Would we not BBQ if 4th of July was not on a Sunday? I think not! ;) I will be posting our Halloween stuff very soon...
Mary said…
We went too! Your kids are adorable and you look AMAZING with pink hair. You might want to look into something more permanent. I'll do it with you!
Tam said…
Very cool night. I remember putting my own costumes together and loving it. I am really looking forward to that stage with my kids.

I am completely with you - I really don't see any reason not to trick or treat for the same reasons you said. We went out as a family and spent time with neighbors that we don't get to see. It was a wonderful night and both kids past out on the floor around 7. Loved it
Jen Wolff said…
I don't see anything wrong with being LDS and choosing to trick-or-treating on Sunday. I agree with Kiahna, we are doing the things we should be doing on the sabbath anyway, just with candy!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up