My favorite 6 year old
What can I say about this kid? He is truly my brother reincarnate! I am not kidding you. He is hilarious, serious, energetic, sweet, and sensitive. He is my kid that will be bouncing off the walls one minute driving you absolutely crazy, falling off his chair at the dinner table (he does that ALL the time I'm not sure how he does it), but the next minute will be snuggled right up with you to watch a TV show or take care of you when you are sick.
C loves weapons, cowboys, dinosaurs, carnivores, little plastic figurines of any sort, movies, cartoons, and any superhero. He says the best stuff too. Most of my cute things kids say come from him. For example, the other day we were on a walk and he says, "Mom I've never seen this kind of tree before!" Then he looks up and says, "Oh" as he realizes that it is a telephone pole! So funny!
Here are a few pictures of what C has been up to this summer:
He actually went to the grocery store like this one day. I made him leave his gun in the car though.

He is always planting stuff. If he eats an apple and has a seed he goes and plants it in the yard, same with any seed for that matter. One day I was pulling away from our house and noticed this plant growing literally in the middle of our lawn. We hadn't mowed in a few weeks cuz as most of you know my hubby's back has been out so it had time to get to the point that we knew it wasn't grass. I asked the kids what it was and C said he had a planted a seed from a cantaloupe we had eaten and it was the first thing he planted that ever grew. We didn't have the heart to mow it down so we mowed around it and got 2 tiny disgusting fruit from it. He was so proud of himself though that I think next year we will have a garden.
This is his security team. He takes a shower every night before bed and he does so in our master bathroom. If Chris or I are not in the bedroom while he's showering he gets scared so he places these animals on the toilet to keep him safe! He also sleeps with all of them each night. The big bear is "Dude", the tiger is "Baby Jaguar", the cow is "Milky", the lion is "Mr. Fluffy", and I'm not sure about the monkey, all I know is I tried to toss it out the other day and we had to get him back out of the garbage.
C is famous for coming to me and requesting that I sew things for him, capes, holsters, wallets, masks, anything that he thinks I'm capable of. Usually this request comes with the need for his friend to have the same thing. Here they are sporting their matching reversible capes.
He swears that he will be a cowboy someday and live in the west, that is if his betrothed will move there too. He thinks maybe she will want to stay close to her parents but he's concerned that there are no cowboys in Illinois. Again we have been to the store sporting this ensemble.
Yes, that is C wearing a white shirt and tie, and NO it is not Sunday. He did know Amelia was coming over and often dresses up if he thinks she will be around. Personally I don't think she notices but he thinks she is "the one" so if it makes him happy I'm good. I was just glad that he finally outgrew his sweater vest from last year that he wore everywhere.
He seriously loves his weapons and even can get his Momma in on the action.
Told you he loves carnivores.
and nests.
In the mornings before Chris goes to work he has to set C up with something to watch on TV downstairs. Lately it's been National Geographic's True Carnivores. He couldn't understand why his friends did not share the same enthusiasm for the show that he did. Next thing I know he'll be reading encyclopedia's in the bathroom...told you he was my brother reincarnate!
Comments