An unexpected life change
As many times as my kids have had pink eye (about 8, that's all of them together and never all at the same time) I had been fortunate enough to steer clear of the dreaded disease, that is until last weekend. We went for a visit to our friends house up north and I woke up Saturday morning sporting pink eye. Bummer, cuz our plan for the day included taking family pictures, but I was NOT going to have any pictures of that loveliness oozing out of my eye. So we spent most of our day hanging out and eating yummy food.
Well now that I've had pink eye I had to throw away my mascara...WHAT you say...THROW AWAY mascara, the insanity! I tossed it away on Sunday and really I haven't missed it. Weird. This is the first time since the first day of 7th grade that I have not owned a tube of mascara. In the past few years I have not worn it as much as I used to but I always had it for the days I was going out, or going to work or church, but now it's gone and I've been all over town, seen all my friends, been to lunch at State Farm (that was a hard one) and I haven't died or anything. I don't even think about it really. So now the dilemma is get more or just embrace the new me? I think for right now I'm going to be content to just do without. I figure I better make sure this pink eye stuff is completely gone before plunking any dough down on a new tube. Yeah, I'm that cheap!
Well now that I've had pink eye I had to throw away my mascara...WHAT you say...THROW AWAY mascara, the insanity! I tossed it away on Sunday and really I haven't missed it. Weird. This is the first time since the first day of 7th grade that I have not owned a tube of mascara. In the past few years I have not worn it as much as I used to but I always had it for the days I was going out, or going to work or church, but now it's gone and I've been all over town, seen all my friends, been to lunch at State Farm (that was a hard one) and I haven't died or anything. I don't even think about it really. So now the dilemma is get more or just embrace the new me? I think for right now I'm going to be content to just do without. I figure I better make sure this pink eye stuff is completely gone before plunking any dough down on a new tube. Yeah, I'm that cheap!
Comments
Now that we are all getting better when can we do a do over. The leaves are turning here - we could get some great shots