Who needs the Halloween Superstore?

C has decided that he wants to be a Vampire-slash-Mummy King for Halloween.  He even says the word "slash" it's so cute.  So he wanted a cape that he got from a friend turned into a Vampire cape (originally it was a Darth Vader cape) with spiders on it.  Yesterday I made his and my vision a reality.

Before as a boring ol' Darth Vader cape:


and here it is as the new and improved Vampire cape complete with spiders, red collar, and a glow in the dark spider web!!

I had so much fun making this and the best part it only cost $1 for the spiders I had everything else at home!  I heart free!

You can always tell what kind of night L had by the way his hair looks in the morning.  If it's all nice and perfect he didn't sleep too well.  If it's messed up beyond belief then he slept hard.  He slept REALLY well last night!



Only one other person in our house gets wild hair like this and it's O, hers is hysterical!

Oh and on to a little rant...I swept the dining room floor 2 times yesterday, once in the morning and once before dinner.  This is what I swept up off it this morning...that is just my dining room, it's not very big.  Maybe I should just let it pile up and see if anyone notices?

Most of it is garbage.  We do have a garbage can in our kitchen, really we do.  When the kids drop something on the floor they just move along and don't bother to pick it up.  So frustrating.  I know I'm preaching to the choir right now because all you moms have the same complaint I do.

Comments

Tam said…
Yes it is frustrating. My kids do the same thing and I make the same piles. I wonder what I am doing different because I don't remember being that sloppy when i was a kid!!! Ha maybe I just don't remember.
Tam said…
oh and the cape is awesome - it looks ten times better then the stuff i have seen in the stores. i have to get cracken because i still have costumes to sew!! Wish you guys were coming up on friday but at least you have a fun party to go to.
Mary said…
That cape looks great and I was thinking the same thing as your friend -- that it is way BETTER than things at the store. Yes, I do have the same floor problems!

Popular posts from this blog

34 Reasons Why I Love You

Sometimes life changes and we are all trying to catch up